AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker

Posted By: Francie

Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/08/15 04:46 AM

We are a family consisting of parents, two small children (3 years and 10 months) and grandparents (mid 60's). What's the easiest way to get from Belize City to Caye Caulker: boat or plane? We will have lots of luggage :-)

Thank you for your advice!
Posted By: Wizardofaahs

Re: Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/08/15 05:02 AM

Both are easy. Depends on how much money you want to spend. Round trip air is upwards of $150 US per person. The water taxi round trip is about $50 BZ per person. You will need to take a taxi from BZE to Water Taxi and that is $25 US each way (not per person). Both options have merit. Flight is 15 minutes. Boat is 1 hr.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/08/15 12:21 PM

Boat from Belize City can be dicey depending on your time of arrival. If your international flight is late you might miss the boat and that is not a good way to start your trip.
Posted By: MisterB266

Re: Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/08/15 01:58 PM

If you're travelling from the International airport to CC, I'd say the easiest way is by domestic flight from the International airport -- get off the international flight, go through Immigration & Customs, and walk a few metres to check-in for a domestic flight. Check the websites of Tropic Air and Maya Island Air for schedules & fares.

If you choose the water taxi, six people will need two taxi sedans, but look around for a taxi van which should be big enough for everyone.

Another option is Tropic Ferry. Tropic Ferry is more of a private service that has to be arranged in advance. Passengers are met at the airport, driven in a private a/c vehicle to the boat (a 3 minute drive to a marina located across the highway from the airport), and transported directly to destinations on Ambergris Caye. The price is higher than a public water taxi.
http://www.tropicferry.com/
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/09/15 03:19 AM

!looking at the number of people in your party I would suggest you all taxi to the muni airport in Belize city. The airfare from there is half the price as it is from the inter International.
But do make reservations. I prefer Tropic Air but Maya is also available.
Posted By: Francie

Re: Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/10/15 01:18 AM

Wow, great insight. I can't say that it makes this decision any easier! It seems like it's half a dozen of one, 6 of the other. But thank you all for your opinions.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Family traveling from Belize City to Caye Caulker - 12/10/15 01:34 AM

Opinions are like....................................................................................................................................................
belly buttons! smile
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board