AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Nicki Belize City to AC - 04/16/01 02:28 PM
We have a large group (15) coming down May 12th-May 19th. We have already confirmed our flight from Belize City to AC through our hotel. However, we have a late comer to the group and he is just getting his plane tickets to Belize City today. My question is can we book directly with Tropic Air or is it possible to just jump on a flight without prior booking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 24 days and counting!!!
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: Belize City to AC - 04/16/01 02:41 PM
Hey Nicki, your friend should have no problem just hopping on a flight to San Pedro. My friend and I were there last week, and when we got to Belize City, we had reserved but not paid for two seats on Tropic Air, but the line was not moving thanks to some man who could not chill out and had to cause problems. My friend and I were anxious to get to the island and noticed the Maya Island Air counter had noone waiting in line, so she walked over and asked if we could buy a ticket to get to the island and it was no problem. We bought two tickets, and were on our way in 10 minutes tops. We let the people know at Tropic Air they could give up our two seats and we left. The line had still not moved when we left thanks to the disagreeable man at the counter. The planes from Tropic Air and Maya Island leave so frequently, that there really is no problem with not having a reservation. Hope you all have a great trip. I am so jealous. Enjoy.
Debbie
Posted By: Nicki Re: Belize City to AC - 04/16/01 02:42 PM
Thanks for the advice! Now we can rest easy and just look forward to the trip!
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: Belize City to AC - 04/16/01 02:46 PM
No problem mon. [Linked Image]
Debbie
Posted By: Turnbun Re: Belize City to AC - 04/16/01 10:20 PM
Hi, Nicki.
I am also getting married on Ambergris. Sept. 2 to be exact. Do you have any planning tips for me? Iraida Gonzales is helping me plan. We're getting married at the SunDiver. Where are you getting married? Are you having a "reception" after the ceremony? Where? Do you mind if I ask how much per person are they charging you for dinner? I have lots of questions! I think I have most of my ducks in a row, but would really like to hear what someone else is planning to see if I've missed anything. Are you getting a wedding cake? Any details or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
Posted By: Nicki Re: Belize City to AC - 04/16/01 10:24 PM
To be very honest with you, I have no idea what the plans are so far. Iraida is also planning my wedding and I assume is taking care of everything. I know that she has been very busy recently so I haven't talked to her very much. I know that we are getting married at Victoria House, which is an absolutely breaktaking place. I would like to have a beach barbeque for the reception and Victoria House usually charges $45 a person for this. I will let you know more when I know more and I will be able to give you a full update in a little over a month when we get back.
Posted By: Turnbun Re: Belize City to AC - 04/18/01 08:20 PM
That would be great! Thanks! Best wishes for a wonderful wedding. I wish mine were sooner. I can't wait to get down to Belize! I'm looking forward to your report!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board