AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Da Plane... which one to take?

Posted By: Seaislegal

Da Plane... which one to take? - 01/31/02 01:17 AM

Which airline flies over from Municipal? SInce its half the price of the other one from what I've seen mentioned we may go that route. Any idea how to go about finding out info on it (such as their schedule etc). Any help is appreciated!

Andrea
Posted By: Rocio

Re: Da Plane... which one to take? - 01/31/02 02:05 AM

Try.
http://www.tropicair.com/

Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 01-30-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 01-30-2002).]
Posted By: Gela

Re: Da Plane... which one to take? - 01/31/02 03:08 AM

Seaislegal, both airlines fly from municipal. You can Maya Island Air's website through this site: //www.ambergriscaye.com/islandair/index.html

I've flown both airlines, but only once to Municipal. They are both fine. I believe Tropic's planes are probably newer but they both get you there safe and sound! Good luck and have a great time.
Posted By: E&T

Re: Da Plane... which one to take? - 01/31/02 05:59 AM

Seaislegal--We're heading down this Sat. Made our reservation right on the website listed on the previous post. This will be about our 15th trip and we always go to Municipal just to get away from the people at the International airport. While it is less expensive, you have to add the $15-20 taxi ride. If only two people, it doesn't save much. Also, when going home, you probably want to fly directly to the International. Much less hassle. If this is your first trip, I'd stick with the flights out of Int'l. We always fly Tropic. Reservations online won't take 5 minutes
Posted By: seashell

Re: Da Plane... which one to take? - 01/31/02 07:29 AM

I've flown into the Municipal a couple of times. Last month I flew into the Municipal for the inland portion of my trip. Since I normally take Tropica, I decided to try Mayan because I'd heard they had 3 new planes. And sure enough, I was seated on brand spanking new plane. It was a great flight! I love the way the Municipal airstrip runs right beside the water. It is almost worth the trip just for that.
Posted By: Seaislegal

Re: Da Plane... which one to take? - 02/08/02 10:15 PM

Thanks for the input! We were initially debating the ferry but reading posts about that we've decided to go on a plane, and probably from International since it doesnt seem you really save much using Municipal. After multiple hours of travelling already, we'll just want to get there!!
Posted By: Gaspar Guerrero

Re: Da Plane... which one to take? - 02/09/02 07:27 PM

Maya Island offer daily scheduled flights to San Pedro from the Municipal Airstrip in Belize City. To book your flight please go to mayaislandair.com.

Thank you.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board