AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Cruise Ships Cancel Stops in Belize - 01/15/22 12:29 PM
On Thursday, the B.T.B. announced a new travel insurance requirement for visitors. Some confusion erupted on social media, but to clarify, the mandate applies only to visitors coming into Belize through the land borders and the airport. It will not apply to Belizean nationals, permanent residence, travelers with Q.R.P. or Long Stay status, and flight crews. It also does not apply to cruise ship visitors. This sector continues to be hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. There have been thirteen cruise ship cancelations to Belize. But B.T.B. Chairman Evan Tillett told News Five that the cancelations are not anywhere close to what we saw at the onset of the pandemic.

Evan Tillett, Chairman, Belize Tourism Board

"There have been about twelve cancelations which will happen now and March that we are aware of, in terms of cruise ships. In terms of the overnight sector, there are cancelations, but it is not those mass cancelations that we saw at the beginning of the pandemic. But, what we are also seeing is that even though you have cancelations, you have new people re-booking, and that is a positive sign for the industry. The cruise ship industry is one of those industries that is the most tested industry, and trust me, after not being able to work for so long, the industry is very vigilant to make sure that they are not put in a position again where they have to have a no sale situation. So, they have a very rigid testing system, and hence why they pick up a lot of the positive cases, which is a good thing. And, once they pick that up, then it is put in a controlled environment."

Channel 5
Posted By: bobcat bill Re: Cruise Ships Cancel Stops in Belize - 01/15/22 02:02 PM
I always buy the travel insurance that the airlines offer. does this mean that I have to pay for some insurance that already have? or is this 18 dollars going to pad somebodys pocket
Posted By: klcman Re: Cruise Ships Cancel Stops in Belize - 01/15/22 04:25 PM
both
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board