AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Tourism Projections for 2022 - 03/01/22 11:33 AM
The tourism numbers are well on its way to pre-COVID levels as flights to Belize are increasing. Suspended flights are now back and there are already plans to add more through the Philip Goldson International Airport. Land borders have also been reopened. Tourism Director Evan Tillett spoke this weekend about the projections for tourist arrivals in 2022, including cruise tourism.

Evan Tillett, Tourism Director

"We are at a really good position. We continue to meet with our international airline stakeholders. In fact, we are just back from San Antonio at Routes America where we met about maybe twenty-two airline partners and we have some serious interests in Belize. In terms of what we need to do as a country to get prepared, we are working on that through the B.T.B. and through the ministry in order to get our ducks lined up so that we can be ready to accommodate new airlifts. In terms of cruise tourism, obviously omicron had its impact on cruise tourism and so now that omicron is on the decline, then obviously those numbers will increase and we are ready for that in terms of an industry and we will continue to lobby with the cruise lines in order to bring more traffic to Belize. The western Caribbean is a viable option and we, in Belize, are in a juxtaposition to benefit from that."

Channel 5
Posted By: vfertasd Re: Tourism Projections for 2022 - 03/23/22 12:23 PM
Hi. It's marvelous Covid is going down; I think tourism and ordinary people have suffered enough. I plan to book something this summer somewhere in the Caribbean, and I'm thinking about Belize. Would you please be kind to provide me with more details about visas or hotels I must be aware of before moving on? I've only been once on a] at Sandals Resorts in Grenada. I'm not complaining about anything, but I'd prefer to go somewhere more attractive; I'm kind of seeking new adventures apart from all-inclusive resorts made specifically for tourists. I'd be grateful for any advice!
Posted By: bywarren Re: Tourism Projections for 2022 - 04/09/22 02:19 PM
Looks like it is time to issue more golf cart and vehicle permits.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board