AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Prime Ministers speach

Posted By: ScubaLdy

Prime Ministers speach - 04/26/08 05:31 PM

Thanks to Jesse for posting the PM's speach on the San Pedro Daily site. There was a lot said but I think the following may be the most improtant of all - as far as change goes.

Well in this Freedom of Information Amendment Act, we are putting in a clause two which adds a new section 21a to the Act, prohibiting secrecy provisions in public contracts and other documents. It further provides that every secrecy provision in a public contract which prohibits or restricts its disclosure to the public shall be wholly void and of no effect. The days of doing things in the dark behind the backs of the Belizean people and in order to screw the Belizean people are over.
Posted By: Don Greife

Re: Prime Ministers speach - 04/27/08 01:05 AM

52 people, so far, have read your post and not one comment about it either Positive, Negative or "I'm afraid to say anything". Personally I think it is great.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Prime Ministers speach - 04/27/08 04:02 AM

...speech.

Re: Prime Ministers speach - 04/28/08 02:51 AM

Thank you Bill
Don - Isn't that interesting? Are they afraid that their internet is wire tapped? LOL
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Prime Ministers speach - 04/28/08 07:08 PM

Harriette ,maybe they do not want to get Involved with politics . People get too worked up .I am just a once a month gringo vistor ..and can only share my good wishes!!!!! and want only the best for the people of belize!!! But what I think or feel means nada..

Re: Prime Ministers speach - 04/28/08 11:03 PM

Yes, it does mean a lot but you are smart enough to keep your opinions to yourself. You are a calming force while I am a ....
fill in the blanks.
Thanks - I just hope people are reading what is being reported whether they comment or not.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Prime Ministers speach - 04/28/08 11:23 PM

Confidence in market fairness is foundational for economic growth longterm. This is great news for Belize.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board