Posted By: Marty
S&P - Long-term foreign currency rating raised to 'B-' - 03/24/17 11:56 AM
- S&P - Belize long-term foreign currency rating raised to 'B-' following completion of debt restructuring; outlook is stable
- S&P on Belize - Raised the short-term foreign currency rating to 'B' from 'D'
- S&P - Raised its long-term foreign currency rating on Belize to 'B-' from 'SD' (selective default)
- S&P on Belize - Raised the long-term local currency rating to 'B-' from 'CC' and the short-term local currency rating to 'B' from 'C'
- S&P on Belize - Rating reflect the government's still-high debt burden
- S&P - Economic growth in Belize continues to be sluggish
- S&P on Belize - GDP may grow by 1.6% in 2017-2019
- S&P - Belize's debt rescheduling will give the government greater capacity to meet its debt servicing requirements within the next 12 to 24 month