AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Newbies

Posted By: caribeal

Newbies - 01/16/03 11:44 AM

Looking for a moderately nice place with pool, lounge, beach close to town for 4 to 8 non divers. Looking to relax and walk the beach and walk to town. All inclusive is okay but not mandatory. I am not personally this particular, just got stuck with the job of planning the trip. Thanks for any and all help.
Posted By: Sandy C

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 03:02 PM

Recommend you check Xanadu - small; beautiful new pool; condos set-up are great for groups; very attentive staff; owners live on the property; free stuff like bikes, kayaks, etc.; 15-ish minute walk to town; no lounge, but great places nearby and then you can go back to your quiet suite; happy planning - your group should buy some dinners!
Posted By: Axeman

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 03:33 PM

Depends on your needs...I stayed at Coconuts Caribbean hotel and loved it. It's not in the center of town but for me that was great. I loved the staff( which has now changed) They added a pool this year and it looks GREAT! The bar sits right on the beach so you can gaze at the reef 1/3 of a mile away. They also put a diner in.
Prices are $105 per day for 2 Full beds per room, $95 for 1 person. I just checked this week.
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 05:24 PM

WOW!!! Coconuts really upped their prices.... But I guess now that it has a pool and diner, it makes sense.... frown I'm gonna miss the $69 rate we had a couple years ago....... It was one of the best values on the island. I guess everything will go up eventually. It is a nice place though...
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 06:51 PM

My choice is Banana Beach, there are about 3/4miles from town about a 25 minute beach walk to town, not that bad, considering you mentioned walking.Plenty of room to lounge, 2 pools, and alot of lunge chairs.
You could email me for more information if you would like:
jackie@belizeanparadise.com

Axeman,
The staff at Coconuts is the same, just the owners are different. They are cool,though.
Posted By: Johnboy

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 07:42 PM

I recommend MataRocks....Great beach bar ,new pool, suites, great staff...Good prices.... smile
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 07:46 PM

Johnboy, each time I see your avatar I see a younger version of my Dad.
It's a good face.
Thanks. I just had to mention that. smile

Re: Newbies - 01/16/03 08:18 PM

NYGAL....How old is your Dad?????? wink
Posted By: KathyMLT

Re: Newbies - 01/17/03 12:46 AM

My vote is Banana Beach. Excellent place. Two pools, on the beach, restaurant and lounge on premises, a small grocery store across the street, a beach bar next door, easy walking into town, a travel shop on premises to aid in arranging tours. Suites have a full kitchen and also are "regular" rooms available so will fit most any budget desired. Staff is great and very helpful. They will also arrange your flight from Belize City if you want. Have a great time!!!
Posted By: Gela

Re: Newbies - 01/17/03 01:36 AM

I guess I'm lucky. I prepaid my room at Coconuts back in November, then I had to reschedule. I am paying the old one person price for my 7 nights in May. I will enjoy every minute twice!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Newbies - 01/17/03 05:24 AM

Dad passed a few months ago a month before he was 79.

Re: Newbies - 01/17/03 07:53 PM

My condolences NYgal...Lost my Dad a while back....I'll always miss him,he was my "best friend"......I try hard every day to meet his expectations.......
Posted By: susangg

Re: Newbies - 01/19/03 09:16 AM

Check out my two condos at //www.ambergriscaye.com/paradisevillas/index.html

No affiliated "lounge" (condos, are rented accommodations only) but a 5 minute walk to everything, including all bars. You can get drinks at the palapa restaurant in front of the Paradise Hotel next door during the day (as well as great food!)
Posted By: TravelinMan

Re: Newbies - 01/19/03 04:42 PM

For a great pool and Veranda overlooking the ocean and reef as well as large grounds Try Tradewinds Paradise Villas. We have one and two bedroom oceanfront and poolside villas with full kitchen, cable TV, central air, daily maid service as well as a full tour desk and office. We can also arrange discount air from the states. We are located on the north edge of town and we have two grocery stores within a minutes walk. For more info check out www.tradewindsparadisevillas.com All the above suggestions are worth looking into.

Good luck
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board