AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Banana Beach addition

Posted By: Sammie

Banana Beach addition - 01/22/03 11:18 AM

We stayed at Banana Beach last May when the new addition was under construction. We loved BB, so we plan on returning in the near future. We're wondering how the new rooms compare to the original rooms and what the rest of the new facility is like. Anyone???

Sammie smile
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Banana Beach addition - 01/22/03 01:34 PM

Sammie,
I just returned in January and stayed in the new room section.The rooms are very nice,good size. Compared to the other rooms, well of course the suites are larger, but the rooms are enough for one or two people. The have a coffee maker and refrige,table and two chairs,queen size beds,balconies,the bathrooms are very large size,mine had a bathtub, do not know if they all do.They are as nice as the suites,decor wise.

The restaurant,El Divino, was opened that week and that is also very beautiful.Two floors in the dining room and also outdoor dining and a lounge area.The food was excellent. The travel shop,Monkey Business, was open also, all your tour booking can be done there as well as a gift shop and internet access.

Just another great addition to the already beautiful Banana Beach.

Pictures of the restaurant and lounge:
//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=005826

Jackie
Posted By: GailM

Re: Banana Beach addition - 01/22/03 02:51 PM

I stayed at BB in early Dec in one of the new rooms on the first floor and Jackie is right, even the std rooms are very well appointed and large.
Will be staying there in two weeks in the new 4 br suite, with others in my group staying in a variety of accommodations in the new section. I will be glad to post on these(and restaurant/bar) when I get back.
Posted By: KathyMLT

Re: Banana Beach addition - 01/23/03 05:17 AM

I admit I got spoiled staying in one of the "original" suites the first two times I stayed at Banana Beach, but this last time I stayed in the new addition and was pleasantly surprised. It definately lives up to the Banana Beach quality standards. Mine also had a bathtub and a small balcony, a coffee maker, fridge, hairdryer, tv. It also had some great artwork on the walls. I liked the fact that the bed was large and a full bed (not two twins pushed together as I've found in other Caribbean hotels).
The new restaurant has outdoor as well as indoor seating and the bar is great.
I was a little concerned also that the new additions would somehow cut into the atmosphere that I loved the first times I was at Banana, but my concerns were unnecessary. If anything the new additions are good things and added to the atmosphere there.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board