AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Lobster Season

Posted By: SunChaser

Lobster Season - 01/30/03 04:12 PM

How long and when is it? I have forgotten. confused
Posted By: Marty

Re: Lobster Season - 01/30/03 04:36 PM

Lobster season (when you can eat lobster, fresh or otherwise) starts June 15th. There is NO closed season where it is permitted to eat frozen lobster but not fresh, it's important to understand that closed season from February 15th-June 15th means NO LOBSTER EATING or stocking of lobster of any kind! This is to stop "stockpiling" which would erode the lobster population. Also it eliminates the temptation to buy lobster during the off season and say that it was caught during the open season...
There is no season for stone crab, its available year-round.
================
and there is more info at:

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/goodscv/lobster.html
Posted By: Johnboy

Re: Lobster Season - 01/30/03 05:30 PM

Marty ,I'm confused...The above article says Season is July15th...Last year we ate lobster the 1st of July....Please don't tell me the season has changed...We already made our reservations for July 4th.... confused
Posted By: GailM

Re: Lobster Season - 01/30/03 05:39 PM

The official season for Lobster starts June 15 and ends Feb. 15 meaning you cannot possess lobster anytime after Feb 15 and before June 15.

The beginning of lobster season was changed a few years ago from July 15 to June 15 so you are ok JohnBoy.
Posted By: Johnboy

Re: Lobster Season - 01/30/03 05:50 PM

WHEW!!!!! Boy am I glad to hear that....My lovely wife would have just "panicked"....
And probably blamed it on me...lol wink
Posted By: Marty

Re: Lobster Season - 01/30/03 06:46 PM

whoops, looks like i gotta change the date on that article above!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board