AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Kentucky Kin What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 05:04 AM
Hi, I'm new to the site and just had a few questions for the group. I am planning a budget trip after Christmas and over New Years. My only knowledge of Belize and AC is the web and an LP guide book, so your insite would be much valued. I have semi picked Ruby's as my mid range, low cost lodging. Have any of you stayed there? If so what do you think?
What other places would you recommend in the $30.00 per night range. Thanks for your help, I hope to belize soon.

Kentucky Kin
Posted By: trina Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 05:22 AM
Rubys' is hit or miss. First time we went there it was fine, last year, noisy and tiresome. If you DO go there, DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT, leave any valuables unattended there. The security there is nill. Other places I've heard are okay in that price range: San Pedrano (nothing fancy, but one block from beach and a central location), Hideaways (near the airport, have their own restaurant/bar), Martha's and Lily's--both on the beach, both simple and basic. Have fun wherever you stay! laugh
Posted By: nuc Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 02:27 PM
Eight of us stayed at Ruby's a month ago and it was great. The rooms were basic but clean, there was no unusual noise that we noticed. The porches and roof are great for sitting around and talking, reading, having a Belican, etc., and the cafe is great for a fast breakfast. We had no problem with security. It's a great place if you want to be close to the action. No carts or bikes needed to get anyplace in most of the town. Its also less than a block from the boat landing from the mainland and only a couple blocks from the airport.
Posted By: Marty Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 02:37 PM
we love Rubys
Posted By: KBG Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 02:42 PM
SINDRIFT, SPINDRIFT, SPINDRIFT
Need I say More, stay there most every time I go,
price is not much different from Ruby's, Mexican style stucco 3 story, central tile court yard, rite on the beach, Pier longe downstairs (meet Linda & Ruby) close as you can get, also good Italian restaurant downstairs, next door to Estelle's for a great breakfast under a thatch roof by the sea. Clean basic rooms, ac if you wish, tile bath, also have available rooms directly on the water front for a little more. Very accomidating management. May not be the most beautiful exterior facade in SP but lots of value and clean. Whatever you do, get to Belize soon before tooooo many tourist arrive.
KBG cool cool cool
Posted By: govikes Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 03:34 PM
KK if you do a search on Ruby's you will find many posts on it. I have stayed there some or all of the last 7 trips there and will be there again at the end of April. I am a solo traveler and Ruby's is always a stop for me. The nice thing about staying there, especially for your 1st trip is the location is right in the middle of everything so it's easy to find your way around to all the rest.,bars, etc.
Posted By: Chloe Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 03:38 PM
Good to read a report on Spindrift. We checked it out, and thought very nice for the cost. Have not stayed at Spindrift yet. Location is great.
Posted By: toad Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/18/03 11:21 PM
the deli on the street kicks ass deluxe...
Posted By: rickcheri Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/19/03 01:40 AM
Rubies or Holiday Hotel-very clean very simple-who stays in their room that much??? C
Posted By: Kentucky Kin Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/19/03 05:24 AM
Thanks for all the great info, looks like Ruby's will do just fine. If anyone is planning a trip from Dec 28 - Jan 3 drop me a line, See you in the sea.

DON K.
Posted By: beachluvr Re: What do you guys think of Ruby's - 02/20/03 06:39 PM
KK, I just wanted to voice my agreement w/Ruby's as a great place to stay...I stayed there twice & it is clean, perfect location, excellent deli right downstairs, and a really friendly and helpful staff...it's also a great place to meet others & you see everyone passing by...you'll be so happy to be there, you won't really care where you're staying, and as far as the security thing goes...that can happen anywhere, including your own home..only have to be as careful as you would anywhere else
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board