AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Questions on Victoria House

Posted By: belizebound

Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 02:59 AM

We're going to Belize the first week of July and I've been looking at the Victoria House website. Has anyone stayed there or know anything about it? I've never been to Belize before.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 03:40 AM

Its very nice, excellent rooms, beautiful new pool, very nice grounds with nice row of palms right along the beach... dive shop right there. nice kayaking area, great bar with the best frozen limeades that ever touched my lips. I'm jonesing for one thinking about it.

they will take very good care of you.

here's a few pics...

//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/victoriabeachsm6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/DayPoolVICTORIA-W6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/NightPoolLGW6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/victoriahouse_drivesm6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/docknice3sm6.jpg
Posted By: drcasual

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 04:13 AM

We stayed there 3 years ago (before the pool) and it was nice. We stayed at Xanadu this year and had a good time but went over to Victoria House for the killer club sandwich at their bar/restaurant. I've heard the food has gotten much better although we enjoyed it then. It's a couple of miles from town. I think you'll really enjoy it. One afternoon we had a guy named Pancho (from the dock service) take us fishing/snorkeling and had a ball. You'll really enjoy yourselves. And the new pool is beautiful.
Posted By: belizebound

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 04:48 AM

Any particular reason that you switched from Victoria House? Also how is the food. Do they have good fishing guides?
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 05:07 AM

Excellent Fishing guides (The Bradley Brothers). I have heard mixed reports on the food lately.
Posted By: pfarrell

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 05:40 PM

We stayed there last June.

Had a wonderful time. Very relaxed. Grounds are lovely.

here's my trip report

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004907

and some photos
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~pmf2
Posted By: toad

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 07:12 PM

pimp palace
Posted By: drcasual

Re: Questions on Victoria House - 02/26/03 08:58 PM

We switched because of $$. Jenny from Capricorn Travel recommended it and she had originally set us up at VH our first trip. Xanadu only has 10 rooms and is a nice little spot. I believe the fellow who owns Victoria House has a place at Xanadu. It's also about 10 minutes closer to town by foot w/free bikes & kayaks. VH is much more "refined" I guess. We liked them both. Another kind of upscale looking place was Banyon Bay, they had good food too. Xanadu has a full kitchen which was nice, but the grounds are much smaller. It was a great place to take trips from and had a nice pool.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board