AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sean just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/11/03 03:33 AM
this board helped me out so much. thanks to all of you!!
i loved banana beach and monkey business travel.
the people were so nice on the island. great fishing with ramon and his family. they even invited me to their home for a barbecue. the gas golf carts were so nice to see the whole island. the hand pulled ferry was s cool. its worth the trip to journeys end. good food at sweet basil, elvi's kitchen, the reef restaurant and el devino at banan beech. great beer and fun at sharks bar, wet willey's and cholos bar. hol chan marine reserve was so beautiful!!! i loved the day trip to caye caulker and swimming at the split! if you want to meet nice people, relax, and see paradise first hand visit ambergris. i can't wait to go back.
Sounds like you had a great trip. Banana Beach is cool isn't it?
As for the people on Ac your post reminds me a bit of something that happened on my first trip. I took a golf cart into town and at a cross road wasn't exactly sure which road to take (subsequently found out it didn't matter); ), I asked a girl on a house porch...next thing I knew she was getting in the golf cart with me cuz she had to go to town anyway. Freaked me out at first, but I soon discovered this was the AC way. Many times I've been caught in the rain walking back from town and people have always stopped in their carts to ask if they can give me a ride. Something you just don't see here at home much.
Posted By: Axeman Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/11/03 06:05 AM
Kathy..you just caught the essence of AC....well spoken...
Thanks...... :p
Welcome back Sean,
Excellent trip report, you covered alot in a few words, I like that. Glad you had a good time!!! Bananas is the best, I am glad that you agree.Another one hooked.

Jackie
Posted By: tincup Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/11/03 01:42 PM
Who did you rent the gas powered golf cart from?
I didn't know they were available.
Also glad you had a nice trip.
You got it Axe...You know, now that I'm more awake another thing I noticed about the Belizean people, at least on AC is that they take care of people with no hidden agendas. I love the people there. It's sort of like being in a fairy tale book but it's real life. Do you know what I mean jelly bean? And the staff at Banana Beach are always looking out for you especially as a single woman traveler. It's amazing....
Posted By: sean Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/11/03 10:34 PM
HEY TINCUP. I GOT THE GAS POWERED GOLFCART FROM BANANA BEACH. THE NAME ON THE CART SAID CHOLO'S GOLFCART RENTAL, SO I GUESS YOU COULD GO THERE TOO. IT WAS ALOT OF FUN TO TRAVEL WAY PAST JOURNEYS END IN IT AND HAVE POWER TO COME BACK TO BANANA BEACH!
Posted By: tincup Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/12/03 02:16 AM
Thanks Sean, I am having a house built up north and will need to start making frequent trips from town when I am there. A gas power cart is just what I am going to need. Will contact Cholo's for rates.
Thanks for keeping me excited Sean, my turn soon!
Glad you had such a great time. smile
Posted By: sean Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/13/03 05:04 PM
HI DBDOBERMAN! I WISH I WAS GOING BACK TOO! I NEVER HAD SUCH GREAT WEATHER OR MET SUCH FRIENDLY LOCALS. I CAUGHT OVER 50 BONEFISH ONE DAY-OF. COURSE WE LET THEM GO. FANTASTIC PLACE-AMERGRIS!! JUST TO LAY ON A HAMMOCK AND WATCH THE BREAK ON THE REEF WAS SO RELAXING!!!
Sean,

What guide put you on 50 bones?

Thanks!!
Posted By: sean Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/14/03 01:47 AM
HIS NAME IS RAMON. HE IS A LOCAL ANDHAS A BROTHER NAMED SERVILO.KEEPS HIS BOATS IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE WHERE THEY JUST PUT IN NEW CEMENT DOCK. HE IS SO NICE AND A GREAT GUIDE. TALKED ABOUT HIS FAMILY AND ISLAND SO PROUDLY.
Sean,

Thanks for your trip report, I was wondering if you went with Severo Guerrero and/or his brother. I have already booked two days with him for our trip May - 8 15. Just wanted your personal thoughts on the guy if this is the same one.

Counting down in Texas!!!
Posted By: sean Re: just got back from ambergris-thanks guys! - 03/15/03 06:26 PM
HI ONLY HAD RAMON AND HIS COUSIN BEECHE'. SERVILLO JUST WON THE DEPUTY MAYOR OF AMERGRIS WHEN I WAS THERE. MENTION IT AND HE'LL LOVE YOU. IT WAS A BIG ELECTION WHERE RED WON ON THE ISLAND BUT BLUE WON ON THE MAIMLAND.
Hey,
Anyone out there know the hours of the water taxi from Paradise House to town?
Hey,
Anyone out there know the hours of the water taxi from Paradise Palace to town?
I'm sorry . . Paradise House? Paradise Palace?

Is this a house up north? Or are you referring to Paradise Resort Hotel or Paradise Villas? If so, you don't need a water taxi because you are within walking distance of most everything in town. You'd only need the water taxi if you wanted to go far north, etc.
Sounds like ya had a REAL good trip sean. Thanks for the report!

seashell, I think they are speaking of Paradise Palace a private home North of the cut. Just one home and a restaurant South of JE. We stayed there on our second trip to Belize.

ejbpesca, the house is great!!!
Unfortunately when we stayed...
the pool was not up and running till like our 4th or 5th day there, and only 2 of the 5 bedrooms had working AC. It was really HOT and no screens on the windows. We were gonna leave them open at night but the caretaker said NOOOO. 5 bedrooms and the girls were bunking together. :rolleyes:
I'm sure EVERYTHING will be fine for your trip, at least I hope so cause it's a great home and beautiful area.

About the water taxi... do NOT plan a late night in town unless ya have a backup plan. Like... gettin a room in town so ya "don't miss da boat" wink
Have a great trip!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board