AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Cruise Ship Guest

Posted By: River Shark

Cruise Ship Guest - 03/17/03 10:11 PM

Can anyone tell me if there are certain days when there are more cruise ship guests that come over to AC than other days.

We are will be in San Pedro in May for 10-days and are trying to plan around the cluster of guest from the ships.

I understand they have to be tendered to AC from the ship, but we would like to plan on some activities that would take us away from the tourist areas they frequent. cool
Posted By: ibirie

Re: Cruise Ship Guest - 03/17/03 10:23 PM

I was told that Tues., Wed., & Thurs are the days the cruise ships are in port. The only time I noticed the cruisers was on the dock when I was between dives. There were a couple hundred of them getting on to boats to go snorkeling. The good news is that they have to leave the island by 2:00 PM to make it back to the ship so they do not affect the restaurants or bars in the evening.

Re: Cruise Ship Guest - 03/17/03 11:25 PM

Thanks for that info. It looks like we will try to be out of the area during the midddle of the week.

Is the dock you speak of near Hustlers? We are booked with them for our diving and are staying at the Blue Tang, I've heard this is near where the tenders dock.

Ibirie, who did you dive with?

Re: Cruise Ship Guest - 03/17/03 11:50 PM

Never mind, I read your trip report.
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Cruise Ship Guest - 03/17/03 11:55 PM

Yes,Blue Tang is about a five minute walk to Hustler,if that.
Jackie
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Cruise Ship Guest - 03/18/03 03:20 AM

Hustler dock is where some of the cruise ship PAX disembark, along with many other places on the island so not to worry as they're spread out. The Hustler dock is also only (literally) about 10 steps from the Blue Tang path to the beach.

Cheers,

Simon..
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board