AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: pryor1997 sunbreeze hotel - 03/20/03 08:15 PM
My wife and I are planning a trip to Belieze for diving. We don't have a clue where to stay. We were looking at the prices at sunbreeze hotel and was wondering if anyone had any opinions?
Posted By: mayatravel Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/20/03 09:05 PM
I'm a big fan of Sun Breeze. Very good value for the $. I book lots of happy clients into the hotel. Major facelift over the past few years and upgrades will continue. Now has that Mexican hacienda look.
Posted By: d-jon Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/20/03 09:25 PM
I also recommend the Sunbreeze and for your diving Aqua Dives is right on site.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 12:20 AM
Super convenient location for those who want to be in town and dive a lot. Great food, good value and nice management.
Posted By: Chloe Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 12:43 AM
Sunbreeze is a great choice, for all the above reason, and my favorite.
Posted By: crocodilehunter Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 05:52 AM
I was a first timer in January, we stayed at the Sunbreeze and loved it. Very nice staff.
The best thing about the breeze is that it is next door to BC's, best bar an the island.
Enjoy!!! laugh
Posted By: seashell Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 08:15 AM
Pryor, why don't you tell the Board what your expectations are? Do you want/need a pool? Have you considered getting a place with a kitchenette? Would you want a place with a more Belizean or tropical flavor? Are you more comfortable with hotels that are like what you are used to staying in at home or do you want to try to get outside your comfort zone? Do you want your acco to have lovely grounds? Do you want a more private beach area? Do you want/need to be near the evening activities? Are you looking for a sense of seclusion for the honeymooner in you? etc. etc.

The Sunbreeze is a nice place, with motel-like rooms that could be anywhere. There are no private balconeys. The hotel is a two story in the shape of a horseshoe, opening to the pool deck and Blue Water Grill restaurant. Nice pool, very good food at the restaurant (service could use some help, pun intended). The beach area is a high traffic area and often somewhat blocked by a beach volleyball court, game in progress. It is located right across the road from the airport. This is not as big a negative as it would seem to be.

As you can see from the above replies, the Sunbreeze has plenty of supporters. It is not my style and so I wouldn't stay there unless I was only staying for a couple of days, then it would be just fine.
Posted By: scubatsa Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 07:06 PM
We'll be staying there (again) for our 4th visit the first week of June. Sure, for more $ you could have a thatched roof, somewhere else. We've enjoyed it everytime and if you're diving you're not living in the room all the time anyway. They have added nice verandas to the rooms and the pool is nice. TV and A/C have always been good as well as the staff. When you de-plane just walk across the street. Can't get any simpler. Aqua Dives is on site or the other shops will pick you up (and drop you off) at their dock. Good place for the $ and you'll have agreat time. ENJOY>>>>>>
Posted By: Marie Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 09:21 PM
I'm with Seashell. What are you looking for? And, no, SunBreeze doesn't work for me either, to commercial, but certainly not a bad place. Had lunch one day in February there, and it was innovative and tasty....also expensive. So, whatever works for you.
Posted By: Chloe Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/21/03 09:38 PM
Geez, if Blue Water Grill at SunBreeze is too pricey, then choose one of the two restuarants just outside the front entrance Cafe Ole and Tropic, then try the restaurants out the beach side, Mango's Ruby's
BC'S Ramon's, in less than one block walk. If you go two blocks out either side, let me think would you find about 12 restaurants.
"commercial" How does that apply to SunBreeze?
Posted By: Sandy C Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/22/03 12:50 AM
Sunbreeze: wonderful, dedicated staff with extra service
Posted By: seashell Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/22/03 01:07 AM
Just for clarity, my side reference to "(service needs a little help)" was not about the Sunbreeze but about the Blue Water Grill.
Posted By: Marie Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/22/03 02:58 AM
Hi Chloe! I certainly didn't mean to hit a nerve, and I see I have. Please, reread my posting. I clearly said nothing is wrong with SeaBreeze, nor the restaurant, but it doesn't work for me. Red is my favorite color, if its not yours, is that a problem that we need to fuss over? People have difference preferences. I stated mine. I surely don't mean to offend you.
Posted By: toad Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/22/03 03:09 AM
thumb sucking babies...
Posted By: Gela Re: sunbreeze hotel - 03/22/03 03:32 AM
I stayed at SunBreeze my first visit to AC. The location can't get any better - you just walk across the street from the airstrip and you're there. You can have the airlines call the hotel and they'll come over with a "tub" to fetch your luggage if you have a lot to handle.

For a first stay, I would highly recommend it. It's at the very edge of town and within walking distance to so many things. They have a dive shop right on the premises - I'll let divers comment on their quality (Aqua Dives I believe).

They have a nice pool and I understand that their restaurant has very interesting food. There are so many places to eat nearby as Chloe mentioned.

I have returned to AC and stayed elsewhere and now have other favorites.

I chose SunBreeze for location and ease of getting around. I then explored the island to find what intrigued me. Like so many of us, it's very likely this won't be your first visit, so pick a place, and have fun!

cool
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board