AmbergrisCaye.com Home

North vs. South

Posted By: Suzanne126

North vs. South - 04/23/03 05:50 PM

If I am looking for a very relaxed low key stay at a place that has cabanas/casitas, a bar/restaurant, and a pool or pool access-- where would you suggest? I want to sit on the beach read, sip a drink, and snorkel. I do not need any night life, but would like to have a location where I can have a drink. Also, how difficult is is it to actiully get from the north into town and how expensive. It seems like places North are more low key, but I would like to be able to eat and visit other places. If I rent a golf cart I can't use it at night correct? Oh, so many questions.........sorry to be long winded. I am going June 10-14th and I can't wait! Just need to figure out where to stay.
Posted By: Magnum Belize

Re: North vs. South - 04/23/03 06:17 PM

There are many properties to the north of the river that would capture just that ambiance that you are looking for. Captain Morgans has an on site restaurant, pool, hot tub and bar. Journeys End has these amenities as well, except the hot tub. Portofino and Mata Chica are lovely as well but do not have a pool. Any of these properties would be happy to host you. As far as golf carts I believe the road only goes as far as Captain Morgans - but the Island Ferry does make stops at all of these properties. I am not quite sure of the cost from Portofino or Mata Chica but I know from Journeys End or Captain Morgans it is $5.00pp one way(I think it $10.00) from the other properties) If you would like more detailed info contact me at [email protected]
Posted By: seashell

Re: North vs. South - 04/23/03 06:21 PM

Sundiver would also suit.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board