AmbergrisCaye.com Home

T - MINUS and COUNTING

Posted By: River Shark

T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 03:16 PM

T-MINUS 72-HOURS and COUNTING! laugh

Now we are really in countdown mode.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 06:22 PM

shark calm down ,take deep breathes,, you need to relax ,relax ,relax ,think ,think ocean ,think beer ,think great food , fishing ,great diving fun in the sun ,meeting new people ,smile ,smile ,wow ,wow ,wow, and more wow,holy ship ,I can not wait my self....to get there ,I am so psyched for this say hell yeah....
Posted By: Chucklebutt

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 06:34 PM

66 hours and counting until I board the plane! YAHOO! laugh

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 08:24 PM

OK Capt,
With my eyes closed I've got it in my minds eye - I'm starting to relax, my heart rate is slowing down,my blood pressure is lowering and I feel like I'm floating ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cool

I'm seeing the smiles on the people, and I smell the street vendors wares simmering in the heat. I hear the ocean breaking on the reef, and I taste the salt in the air, life is really good, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cool

This is great - almost like being there, if only I had a Belkin right this minute ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cool

BUT WAIT, I glance at the clock and it dawns on me that there are ONLY 67 HOURS LEFT TIL TAKEOFF. "T MINUS 67 HOURS AND COUNTING". Its like a loudspeaker going off in my head! shocked
Then I start to question whether there is time enough to get everything done that needs to be done before I leave. Do I have everything I need to survive for 10-days in paradise. Will my luggage and dive gear make it or will I be left holding an empty bag. mad
My heart rate is beginnig to quicken, the veins in my neck are bulging, my chest is tightening and feels like someone is sitting on it, I feel faint- OMG I think I'm gonna have a stroke. eek eek

But just then as I am about to call 911, I think about all of the good things I've heard & read about Belize & AC and everything starts to level out again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cool

I THINK I'VE GOT IT!

The Shark
Posted By: Chloe

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 08:54 PM

Shark, relieve yourself of one worry, even if your luggage got lost, can not think of a better place to be going, with out your stuff.

Just go to a few shops in SP, buy trunks, and T shirts, no problem. Guides have all the water equipment you need, anyhow.

Have fun.

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 09:03 PM

Thanks Chloe,

As you can see I'm about to pop. Clothes are certainly one thing I won't have to worry to much about. The dive gear - well I could get by on rental, if I had to.

The Shark
Posted By: mountain Larry

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 09:56 PM

T-Minus 1152 hours (June 16) not quite the same but I am starting to get excited.

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 10:02 PM

You Go Larry!
Get excited, get very excited. laugh

The Shark
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 10:04 PM

But don't pee your pants or Gela will have to share the Depends... laugh
Posted By: klcman

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 11:02 PM

and don't forget Sweetjane's ziplocks!
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 11:16 PM

Have the best time, RS! I'm excited right along with ya! Cannot wait to hear what you did, who you saw.......have a belikin or 12 for me! laugh
Posted By: klcman

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 11:23 PM

and go find Satan - I think he still has a liplock on that 12-pk DB couldn't find wink
Posted By: B_b_f_b

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 11:42 PM

12 hours and counting.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/29/03 11:52 PM

pretty sure Paisano found the 12 pack, klc! haha

Happy HOT TUB to youuuuuuuu, Becky!! have a good one! laugh
Posted By: D6pack

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 04/30/03 12:38 AM

62 Hours and counting and packing and waiting and counting and waiting and counting and ....... wink

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 05/01/03 03:28 PM

T-Minus 24-Hours and Waiting!!! cool

My brain shifted out of gear last night and I can't seem to do a thing with it. Today is going to be a wasted day of mindless paperwork - that I hope makes some sense when I return from AC.

If only I could leave work a little early to take care of all those last minute task. And by early I mean 10:30. Oh well, I can make it a few more hours with out exploding at least 'til noon.

Its been a lot of fun exploring the information on this site and most of it has been very helpful, and all of it has been very entertaining to say the least. We've met some new friends, found places we didn't know exsited, and were able to plan this trip like no other (and I always research our trips to the fullest).

Thanks Guys, I appreciate all of the insider information.
T-Minus 23-hours & 45-miuntes and waiting. laugh

The Shark
Posted By: Seaislegal

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 05/01/03 05:18 PM

T minus 42 hours till I am off to the airport!!!!!!!!

With being busy to the gills and away from home since last Friday its time to squeeze in all the last minute errands. It was rainy in Ft lauderdale pretty much since Sunday when I flew there for my training class Mon-Weds. So now I am back online (suffering AC board withdrawal) and ready for these last two days to be done with. I am going to just leave work at lunch tomorrow since I didnt get home from my work trip till late last night (figure those 5 travel hours can be deducted from Friday's workday). Just 2 days to get back to the tanning bed, hit the bank to my money out for the trip, running last minute errands and getting all my stuff packed!!! And then I somehow have to get myself to sleep early on Friday so I won't feel like crap when I get up real early on Saturday AM to go catch my flight. So I guess a few glasses of wine, and some sleeping pills will be in order early Friday night to ensure I can sleep.

Last year I tried to go to bed at 9pm and didnt get to sleep till 2am, and was up at 4 to go to the airport... not fun!! When you can't sleep on planes it sucks to be exhausted before you even start your trip! And since Air Jamiaca serves Re Stripes and Champagne I intend to be awake to get my share of those... woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea back in Atlanta (for 42 more hours anyways...)
Posted By: Beachy

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 05/01/03 05:51 PM

Andrea makes a good point, people should definetely "pre-tan" before coming down, this saves countless hours of applying aloe vera to red tops of body shocked shocked mad , remember: lobsters should have shells, not swimsuits!!
Chris
Posted By: Mel S

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 05/02/03 12:38 PM

Originally posted by River Shark:
T-MINUS 72-HOURS and COUNTING! laugh

Now we are really in countdown mode.
You live down in Tulsa ? We live up the road near I-44 on the MO side. Have a great trip, and catch some fish with Jeff.....mel
Posted By: Seaislegal

Re: T - MINUS and COUNTING - 05/02/03 03:29 PM

Yep, Beachy is right! And since I am a fryer (white English skin that rarely tans) I always do the tanning bed before vacation as I have seen the folks suffer who didn't! I am not a big tanning bed fan normally as I don't believe in doing that to your skin, but its better than burning as that does much more damage. The other thing that helps is the fake tan creams these days.. makes me actually look like I have color so I don't stand out as the glow in the dark Caspar in photos with all my friends that tan!

Andrea in Atlanta
T minus 22 till flight time and just two more hours till I am outta here and officially on Vacation!!!!!!!!! smile
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board