AmbergrisCaye.com Home

beaches is belize

Posted By: lstyles

beaches is belize - 05/10/03 05:30 PM

I am thinking of bareboat chartering in Belize early next year. How are the beaches? I thought that they would probably be great but something I read elsewhere suggested they are not that great. It seems hard to believe that there arent some nice beaches to visit while sailing out of San Pedro. Can you please comment on the beaches and suggest some?
thanks,
Lori
Posted By: Short

Re: beaches is belize - 05/11/03 01:17 AM

The best beaches are on Ambergris Caye, which is a reef island. We don't have a lot of wave action, because the reef breaks the waves, and this is what many people don't expect. It looks different from beaches like Florida, but much more beautiful. From the docks you can see the sea live (it's like an aquarium, complete with rays). You can snorkel right from the beach, around the docks, where most of the sea live hangs out (sheltering under them), you can kayak and go snorkeling, windsurfing, and when you prefer to stay on the beach, you can lie under a coconut tree and drink a Piňa Colada.
Itís awesome!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: beaches is belize - 05/11/03 06:40 PM

If you sign on for a bareboat charter and mosey on down to the southern cayes you are in for some delightful beaches along the way. Ask the folks at TMM for details. If you get all the way "down south" stop in at Nicholas Caye - the beach is beautiful.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board