AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: chrissy1980 Hotel - 05/14/03 05:32 PM
Hi everybody!

I am from Austria and I plan to got to Belize next yr. Can anybody tell me, where are good, clean and cheap hotels in AC? And how much you paid for a night per person?

Christina
[email protected]
Posted By: Marie Re: Hotel - 05/14/03 06:04 PM
I'm fond of Paradise Resort Hotel (not the Villas, that's a different property, but very nice, too). It has a huge property, lots of flowers and palm trees, very comfortable rooms, great staff, a nice palapa bar and restaurant. No pool and no beach, although you can walk north to the cut in less than five minutes and there is an ok one there. Not too many beaches in AC are great. It is right on the water, though. They have a web site, so you can see if it works for you. We've gone for years, they have rooms from about $75 to $130 per room, not per person. If you are staying any length of time, they will negociate with you. The nice thing about the higher end is you have a full kitchen. The downside, they are ground floor and depending on the season, you might have a bit of a sand flea issue. There are two nice cabinas exactly facing the sea, check on 5B and 6B, top floor, no sand fleas, cheaper, but then, smaller, no kitchen. It is a lovely place. Nothing fancy, just old time Belize, and just a minute walk north of the village.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Hotel - 05/14/03 06:43 PM
Spindrifts is right in town...clean, FRIENDLY, large rooms with balconies for $45 US per night. I also am going to try the new Pedro's Backpacker's Inn....look it up on the lodging link from this site. $20 per night, room, bed, private bath.

I also recommend Corona Del Mar if you want to be a 10 minute walk out of the busy part of town... right on the beach and $50 US per night, beauriful on the premises, have not stayed there but might next time as well!
KE
Posted By: chrissy1980 Re: Hotel - 05/14/03 07:28 PM
Thank you for your help. Where do you come from and when did you stay in AC?
Posted By: Marie Re: Hotel - 05/15/03 03:18 AM
Hi Chrissy! Not sure who are you asking, Marie or Ke? If Marie, I'm from Ohio (burr!) in the Midwestern part of the States, and go most every year. I was there three weeks, spanning much of February, and part of March. It's a nice time to be there. Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Hotel - 05/15/03 04:21 PM
chrissy1980:

I was in AC April 7-14. I loved it and will return in July! I am from Minnesota (More burr...) and live in Las Vegas, NV.
KE
Posted By: chrissy1980 Re: Hotel - 05/15/03 08:25 PM
Hi does anybody wants to write to me?
Posted By: Marie Re: Hotel - 05/16/03 04:49 AM
Sure, what do you need?
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Hotel - 05/16/03 04:59 AM
tips on packing maybe? :p
Posted By: chrissy1980 Re: Hotel - 05/16/03 04:24 PM
just write to [email protected]
I am from Austria and search for frieds from all over the world. :-)
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board