AmbergrisCaye.com Home

good honeymoon room in AC?

Posted By: ToroRojo

good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 05:29 PM

We're heading to AC for the 1st time and we are looking for a place to stay. We're on a honeymoon and are hoping for somthing fairly close to SP (south side or north side? or should we stay farther away?), with a fairly private room on or overlooking the beach, relatively easy access to good snorkeling and other fun stuff. Any suggestions? I've heard Caribbean Villas, Victoria House, Ramons are all nice.

Oh and we are arriving June 9 or so. I'm guessing just about all places would be good so I'm not too worried about the late notice.

I've been looking at this board for a few days now and there is tons of good info out there. Thanks to everyone for keeping it up. It sure makes things easier on us newbies.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 05:33 PM

The honeymoon suite,if available,at Portofino is fantastic-that is where we will stay on the night of our marriage.
Posted By: seashell

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 05:55 PM

I don't think that a comparison can or should be made between Ramon's and Victoria House. Victoria House is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are lovely. You want privacy, get a casita.
I'm sorry I am not familiar enough with Caribbean Villas to give an opinion.
Posted By: A&B to Belize

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 06:15 PM

Victoria House is a great place to spend your honeymoon. My wife and I did not want to leave The casitas were great and my wife loved the mosquito netting over the beds. The great things about VH are excellent service from the minute you arrive in Belize City, wonderful food (all inclusive if you wish) and all off site arrangements are made by the staff. This includes trips to the mainland and restaurant reservations.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 06:36 PM

I heard Portofino has a web cam in the honeymoon suite. Anyone know the URL?

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 06:58 PM

thanks for all that. am i correct in assuming that portofino is north of san pedro...so we run the risk of getting stuck in san pedro if we stay out too late?
Posted By: mobunny

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 07:17 PM

I don't know anything about the other places you list but Ramon's is a beautiful resort with a wonderful staff and close to town. You can get a room right on the beach under the palms. We just booked our return trip for August and will be returning to Ramon's. If you want check out my web page to see lot's of photos of the grounds, pool and beach, etc.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/iwehmeier/index.html
Posted By: Big Frank

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 07:36 PM

I don't know Portofino, but Ramon's and Caribe Island are terrific. Some people think ramon's is too busy. Either one would be terrfic. Ramons is maybe a little more Romantic. Caribe village is probably cheaper. Ramons is closer to town, so when you have your first fight you can walk and blow off some steam. No offense, but remember, Make-up sex is the best. Other than conjugal sex. Good luck--ya can't go wrong.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 07:39 PM

Big Frank, were you in the Big House?

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 08:31 PM

great pics mobunny!
Posted By: mobunny

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 09:04 PM

Thanks, have a wonderful honeymoon no matter where you choose to stay! mobunny
Posted By: Sandy C

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/28/03 11:17 PM

Caribbean Villas: suites #1 or #4 would give you privacy there; all suites/rooms are oceanfront/beachfront. CV has a nice long pier with a fun snorkeling "reef" underneath the palapa deck at the end; best snorkeling is out at the reef with a guide or in a kayak. Ask CV about a discount from posted prices if you book directly with them; they are usually booked well in advance so I don't know if this is too late or not. Victoria House is also a great honeymoon place.

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/29/03 05:52 PM

thanks everyone! can't wait to get down there.

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/29/03 10:38 PM

so now I have a dilemna...and yes i'm giving this way too much thought.

option 1: stay at Caribbean Villas for a few nights and then stay at Portofino or Victoria House for a few days

option 2: stay at Portofino the whole time

cabanas/casitas are preferable for us. we do like exploring and hanging out with other travelers and San Pedro looks pretty cool for that. on the other hand, it is our honeymoon and seclusion would be nice. decisions...decisions....

thoughts?
Posted By: seashell

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/30/03 01:02 AM

I believe that you can have it all at Victoria House or even Caribbean Villas.

With regard, to going back and forth . . .my thoughts are, that you will be on your honeymoon. Do you really want to be packing and unpacking, moving from resort to resort? Just pick one, kick back, relax and let the world unfold as it should.
Posted By: Sandy C

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/30/03 01:56 AM

As much as we like Caribbean Villas, if a cabana is your priority, recommend you stay at a resort that has cabanas. You can explore all the places you considered on this trip and get ideas for the future. You won't end up "wrong" with any of the places you are considering. Happy times...

Re: good honeymoon room in AC? - 05/30/03 04:10 AM

i like your vibe seashell and sandy c...
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board