AmbergrisCaye.com Home

In AC July 9-16/Excursions

Posted By: BrianH

In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 06/21/03 01:37 AM

I will be in AC July 9-16, staying at Banana Beach. I was in AC last summer, and did the Shark Ray Alley snorkeling trip, and the Altun
Ha/Maruba, Cave Tubing, and Manatee/Goff Caye/Caye Caulker trips. This time, I'd like to go on a day trip to the north end of AC. I searched this board, and found that Excalibur Tours does a trip which includes Bacalar Chico, snorkeling, and picnic on the beach. Has anyone done this recently? How often is this trip run? Since I'll be going in the off-season, I wonder if it will even be offered. Last year I found it a bit of a challenge to schedule trips due to lack of people. If anyone is going to be in AC July 9-16 and would like to do a trip like this,
perhaps we could get enough people to make it possible.

Last year I really enjoyed the Manatee trip with SEArious, especially the snorkeling and the stop at Goff's Caye -- the clear water, white sand, palm trees, Willie's chocolate brownies... Fortunately it wasn't a cruise ship day so the island wasn't too crowded. Are there other trips to little islands like this? If not, maybe I'll just do the Manatee trip again.

Other possible trips for this year: Lamanai and snorkeling at MexicoRocks/Tres Cocos. These are pretty popular so I shouldn't have trouble
arranging those.
Posted By: beach bob

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 06/23/03 04:28 PM

Sorry, for we will just miss you (arriving 7/19)... having the same concern about booking day trips, as apparently no other AC board folks will be there the same time as us. Timing is everything wink Don't really want aggravation making these things happen... Hope you have luck booking your desired trips!
Posted By: Snorkelers2

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/01/03 06:52 PM

Wow. It never occurred to me that we might have trouble booking excursions in the off-season. We are going August 9-16. How many people do the operators typically need to run a snorkeling trip?
Posted By: mamacaps

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/01/03 07:15 PM

This never occured to me either-we will be there Aug 9-16 also
Posted By: beachluvr

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/02/03 12:58 PM

BrianH,

my husband & I will be at Banana Beach next weekend also, though we don't arrive until the 11th...that trip to the north end of the island for snorkeling & a beach picnic is something I've always wanted to do as well, & was wondering if we'd be able to arrange it, since they're kinda slow in July

it's my 4th time to go & 3 of them have been in July (but that's a big part of why I like to go then!) another part is that's also my bday! maybe we can go on the same day to have enough people
Posted By: ga peach

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/02/03 02:00 PM

We just returned last week and did the beach picnic. They took us out with only 4 people. We went with Tuff Enough, located at Woody's Warf and it was great.

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/03/03 01:59 AM

Beachluvr,

I was planning to check with the travel agency at Banana Beach regarding trips to the northern part of the island. I bet they know all the operators which go there and when they go. Hope to see you there! I'll be traveling alone, so I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Last July I did a cave tubing trip with Tuff Enough. It was a great trip. I was originally signed up with Tanisha, but they couldn't get enough people. I think last summer was especially slow. In fact, I believe Tanisha closed down for the month of August.
Posted By: azrat

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/07/03 12:39 AM

BrianH
We will be in AC July 12 through the 20th. Will be staying at Xanadu and might be intrested in a day trip up north. Have no set schedule! See ya there.

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/07/03 04:27 AM

I've inquired about this trip to both the folks at Banana Beach & at Searious Adventures...both replied you need at least 4 people to do the trip...maybe if we all can pick a day (for us, Sat or Mon work best, I wanna be at BC's for lunch on Sunday & then the Palapa & we leave on Tues frown )

we'll be at Banana Beach...couple w/the Texas accent...I've been told ya can't miss it!
Posted By: sweets

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/07/03 05:28 AM

i know Unity Tours(really nice 36 foot catamaran) will do trips for a minimum of 3-4 people and they are always willing to do what ever you want, up the coast, fishing, beach BBQ...just let them know. Really fun guys - and very knowledgeable about the island. Their number is 226 4551

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/07/03 01:29 PM

Either Saturday or Monday would work for me. I was going to stop by Searious to ask about some of their other trips, so I'll let them know I'm interested in this trip also. I'll also ask at Banana Beach, and I'll check out Unity Tours. I did e-mail the travel agency at Banana Beach. It sounds like their trip is more of a scuba/snorkel trip which includes a picnic lunch, with a minimum of 6 people.

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/07/03 07:17 PM

BrianH, you'll be there in 2 more days, you lucky guy!! I've emailed the folks at Searious about the Fishing, Snorkeling & Beach BBQ trip for $60 pp...they know there are at least 2 who are ready to do that one! good luck & we'll look for you Friday at Banana Beach when we arrive..c'ya then, gina
Posted By: klcman

Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions - 07/09/03 01:03 AM

BB does not run their own trips - very likely you could be booked with SEArious, or one of the other reputable operators.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board