AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KBoyd Water Taxi Rates? - 07/08/03 03:52 PM
Does anyone know what the rate should be to the Journey's End area for a taxi? Is the ferry running? We are considering, not, renting north of the cut, due to the inconsistant taxi rates we have experienced in past stay's. Feel free to email direct. Thanks, KB
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Water Taxi Rates? - 07/08/03 04:49 PM
There is no one rate for the trip. I have found the rates vary from operator to operator. If you are the type of person that likes town and the varied nightlife, then it wouldn't pay to stay north of the cut.... particularly at places that purposely stop running their boats in order to kinda keep people on property for dinners, etc.
Posted By: Belikin Joe Re: Water Taxi Rates? - 07/08/03 05:48 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from San Pedro Town to Captain Morgan's at night? I'm staying at Captain Morgan's again this November and I would like to hit the nightlife in San Pedro at least one or two nights. Last time I was there it was my understanding the last water taxi from SP going north left about 11:00; and I think it cost $10 round trip per person. Are there any less expensive ways to get back and forth; and any services that run later than 11:00? Thanks,
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Water Taxi Rates? - 07/08/03 10:27 PM
Well, yes and no. You would have to have a pre-arranged agreement with one of the boat owners. Give him some idea what time you will want to go back to the property, and they will meet you at the original drop off point. Some will even give you their address to come knock and wake them up.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board