AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Palapa Bar

Posted By: Bottomtime

Palapa Bar - 07/18/03 04:01 PM

I will be coming to AC the end of August through the first week of September and have enjoyed reading all the posts. Many people have mentioned the Palapa Bar, where is this and what is it like?
I went to BC's several times on my last trip and enjoy that type of place a lot. Any other comments or suggestions would also be appreciated.
Thanks.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/18/03 04:32 PM

Take the hand ferry across the cut, past some really cute homes, past Sweet Basil... it is a pier out over the water about 1 mile pass the cut. Sunday is a jam with local artist headed by Dennis Wolfe. Be sure to pick up some of his CDs. He is really good.
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/18/03 04:50 PM

Check out our vacation photo's. On page 3 is a great shot of us walking up to the Palapa bar. It is a great bar in an amazing location. Enjoy! mobunny

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/iwehmeier/index.html
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/18/03 06:02 PM

Hey, why does your Belikin picture look just like mine? Something goin on here wink
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/18/03 06:41 PM

After enough drinks all Belikin pictures start to look the same! wink
Posted By: LongJohn

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/18/03 06:53 PM

Palapa bar is The Place!!!!
Posted By: JmHanna

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/19/03 03:17 AM

Thanks for the plugs folks. We were concerned about the near miss with Claudette, but it didn't even rain.
The fish are all worked up from the storm. Dolphins everywhere!!
Thanks again.
Jim

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/19/03 04:04 PM

Hi Jim, Thought they had kicked you off again ! Good to see you are still around and doing well with Palapa. Great place to watch the dolphins and enjoy a cold one!

Ernie
Posted By: kerry

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/20/03 09:02 AM

jim....is linda still there at the pier lounge????
Posted By: Bottomtime

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/21/03 05:28 PM

I am still not clear on how far the Palapa bar is from San Pedro. Whats the best way to get there and back? Getting back may be the challenging part.

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/21/03 08:18 PM

Take a golf cart, bike, boat. The ferry is just north of SP Town. No problem getting back, just do it before the ferry shuts down at 7:00 pm, or you will have to wade across the cut and that is not reccommended.
Posted By: kippe

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/21/03 08:28 PM

They used to offer a free ride up there on Sundays, 3PM from Fido's dock, don't know if that is still happening, have been "out of town" for a couple of months. I have actually walked there and was never, ever stranded, somebody has always given me a ride back. Don't miss it, it's a great time! It is about a mile up the coast from the split.
Posted By: kippe

Re: Palapa Bar - 07/21/03 08:32 PM

Kerry, as of June Linda was still at the Pier lounge. Can't imagine that she is not there anymore! Gotta keep on dropping those chickens!
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board