AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: mobunny Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/06/03 09:45 PM
I am soliciting some input on where to spend my 45th birthday dinner. Here's the catch - we are strict vegetarians. No meat, seafood, chicken, lobster, etc. We don't eat dairy or eggs either but relax that standard a little while on vacation. On our last trip to San Pedro we had a great meal at Mambo's. The chef made me a special vegetable curry and my partner had pasta. I really loved Mambo's but am thinking we should try another place. I am thinking Capricorns maybe??? All suggestions welcome. 12 days and counting. laugh laugh laugh mobunny
Posted By: OlderandBetter Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/06/03 10:48 PM
Mobunny,

If I remember right Casa Picaso (spelling?) should be soemthing you could look at. The food is wonderful and I know the owner's wife (the Chief) is also a vegitarian.

While we are not, I do remember that they offer a number of dishes that should suit your needs and be wonderful on your palate.

Byron
Posted By: mobunny Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/06/03 11:06 PM
Based on the many very good reviews by the folks on this board (and a nice response to one of my vegetarian questions by the owner) we are definitely going to be checking out Casa Picasso during our visit. For my birthday I was thinking it would be nice to go by water taxi somewhere. Thank you for your input. mobunny
Posted By: Miss Anthropy Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/06/03 11:22 PM
I am sure Clarence the Chef/Owner at Capricorn will make you a delicious gourmet vegetarian/vegan birthday dinner by request. The boat ride along the reef, and the ambience of the romantically lighted resort grounds, bar and dining areas are all a part of a special evening.
Posted By: mobunny Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/06/03 11:32 PM
Thanks Miss Anthropy. I am sure they would make a special dinner for us at Capricorn. It is very high on my list of possiblities. I also really like the idea of dinning on the verandah overlooking the ocean. mobunny cool
Posted By: Miss Anthropy Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 01:48 AM
You are very welcome mobunny-Capricorn is one of our all time favorites - anywhere ! Y'all will love it.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:26 AM
My vote is for Capricorns.
Posted By: KathyMLT Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:34 AM
Try El Divino at Banana Beach. Just talk to Dustin or Louis ahead of time and they will have the chef prepare whatever you want even if it's not on the menu. Plus they have some excellent pasta dishes on the menu anyway.
Posted By: mobunny Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:16 PM
Thanks KathyMLT. El Divino is another one of those places we never got to last trip and will definitely check out this time around. I have only heard very good things about it. 11 days and counting!!!! mobunny laugh
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:20 PM
For veggies - Tastes of Thailand wins my vote-they have the largest selection of dishes of any restaurant in the country.Tippi(owner) is a fantastic chef,and the prices are among some of the most reasonable on AC.
Posted By: mobunny Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:29 PM
Thanks Pedro. Where is Taste of Thailand? Everyone always raves about it. mobunny
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:33 PM
Hurrah for Tippi!!! Glad she is doing good!!! C
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 03:35 PM
Turn right at Barefoot Iguana/Playador and go to the next crossroad which is approx 150yds and it is situated right there.
Posted By: mobunny Re: Birthday dinner recommendations - 08/07/03 04:24 PM
We can find that. Thanks!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board