Posted By: Anonymous

AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 08:42 PM

Are there no car rentals on AC?
Posted By: KWIBMF

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 08:48 PM

No, but you can rent a golf cart.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 08:48 PM

What would you like?I can arrange for a limo to pick you up from the airport,and perhaps you would like to keep that and the driver for the week.
Otherwise we have a Merc or a Rolls which we rent by the 24 hour period but there is a mileage restriction on these two cars
All other compacts etc. and SUV's are available on a three day minimum.
Please contact Pedro1
Posted By: KWIBMF

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 08:53 PM

Sorry peter, I forgot about your new Limo business.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 10:38 PM

YEP ! For sure he's into the rum again.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 10:44 PM

Ernie -jealous again-one day you will think of starting a new business and I am sure it will be a roaring success just like my car service has turned out to be-all you need is lots of enthusiasm,dedication,prepared to work all the hours that God sends,be polite and respectful to all ones clients,and the quarters start to roll in-When you eventually come back would you like a Pedro Limo to pick you up (payment in advance please)?

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 10:53 PM

Pedro, Thanks for your words of wisdom. As a matter of fact, I am starting a new venture in San Pedro. It will employ many(up to 100)people and pump thousands of dollars into the local economy. It only requires a broom and a barrel for each man to pick up all your bull sh#t laying around. Does SP have a overtime law?

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 11:11 PM

Does that mean you do not want to be picked up then?

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 11:19 PM

No, it does not mean that I don't want you to pick me up, it means I'm not paying in advance.

E!

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 11:27 PM

OK we will compromise I will send one of your new employees with a broom and a bucket

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/16/03 11:30 PM

OK, Tell my foreman (Piasano) to send his best man.
Posted By: Turnbun1971

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 02:01 AM

No. There are not many cars on AC (although there are a lot more now than were there 2 years ago). Most of the cars are taxi cabs (which are mini-vans). Golf carts, bicycles, and walking are the main sources of transportation.
Posted By: Marie

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 03:10 AM

While it is easy enough to rent a car, you certainly do not need one. You can walk almost anywhere, and the carts are fun to rent for a day.
Posted By: klcman

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 04:24 AM

Marie - please tell me where to rent a car on AC. I have a phobia about golf carts.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 05:11 AM

Pedro just said he could get the job done!

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 02:18 PM

YEA, and the cow jumped over the moon. :p

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 03:12 PM

Seems to me that Pedro and Immissing have an issue going on. At any rate, to the person who posted, there are plenty of ways to get around AC. You really don't need a car. Have a great trip!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 03:58 PM

Pedro, reserve the yellow PT Cruiser for Chloe, check is in the mail.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 04:10 PM

Chloe that unfortunately has been reserved but I can probably let you have the Hummer which is on special.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 04:40 PM

smile POOR MARIE ! wink

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 04:43 PM

Ernie
Make her day and say Paradise Hotel is the best hotel on the planet.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 04:47 PM

O.K., But the best hotel is still the HideAWay. Anyone with any class must stay there !
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 04:59 PM

I am getting an overwhelming feeling of deja vu...
:rolleyes:

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 05:38 PM

Pedro, I am so pumped, knowing I get the HUMMER.
You are a dear friend. Is it Yellow?

Isle, yep deja vu, AGAIN!

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 06:08 PM

But Marie - you said, and I quote:

"While it is easy enough to rent a car, ....."

Please tell me where. You have been there many times , so I thought you would know where, esp given your comment.

Could I get my car "salt encrusted" ?
Posted By: BeachChick

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 06:42 PM

confused I'd also like to know more about transportation. Are taxis expensive? How much is it to rent a car or a golf cart? The limo service mentioned sounds pretty pricy. How small is the island that people walk everywhere? Thanks for any info. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to be going to Belize in 2004.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 06:55 PM

Beachchick

Taxis are very rarely over 5usd with the norm min. charge is 2.5usd-the limo service is only for the super rich-most people staying near town will generally hire a golf cart for either a day or 24 hours( during this time you will see everything that you want and need to)-for people living further south they may rent a GC for their entire stay (around 450usd per week)people staying North come to town by boat (around 10usd per person per r/t)-hope this helps.
Walking and bicycling are also otherways of getting around.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 07:23 PM

Beach, If you can afford the limo, only accept the Phantom with Piasino as the driver. Thats exactly what I do. Never a disappointment and always exciting.
Posted By: Jester

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 08:29 PM

Beach, make sure that you get the limo fully stocked, sometimes Pedro rides around (since he is the owner)and empties the bottles himself. But as long as Paisano in driving I am sure the bar will be restocked. laugh wink laugh
Posted By: Miss Anthropy

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/18/03 09:33 PM

Pedro I'd like to rent a macked out mercedes to whisk me off after we land the Gulfstream on the airstrip. First stop will be the high rise condominiums with all inclusive food and bar, horse racing in the afternoon and cruising the town all evening.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/19/03 12:05 AM

Sorry the merc has been rented for the season -would the Rolls do -payment in advance please
Posted By: BeachChick

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/19/03 08:22 PM

Thanks for all of the replies. Since I've never been to Belize, I don't know what part of Ambergris we'd be staying at. We were looking at the Banana Beach Resort. Is that in walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc?
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/19/03 09:23 PM

There are restaurants within walking distance to BB - and BB has a very good restaurant on site. Shops & more restaurants are mostly in town which is about 1 1/2 miles N of BB. Taxi would be about $5 each way.

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/20/03 12:15 AM

BeachChick, Take the Phantom to Banana Beach, one of the better resorts in San Pedro. Excellent resturants, good people. You do not have to tip Piasano, it's included in the rate. Have fun !

Re: AC Car rentals - 09/20/03 02:46 AM

By the by, if you want smoked salmon or cavair, you will need to call ahead and have it imported.Cause no matter how much is there it always seems to not be enough! Right Peter?? :p
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/02/03 12:58 PM

ACK! ACK!!!!! deja vu!!! say it ain't sooooooo frown

May I please book the hummer if Chloe isn't using it?

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/02/03 03:48 PM

The hummer maybe available after all as Mistress Chloe has not sent payment-we have even had it sprayed bright yellow for her

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/02/03 04:13 PM

"THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL PEDRO!"

But the good looking DOB can drive for me.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 11:14 AM

Driving Miss Chloe!!! smile
Posted By: NYgal

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 01:30 PM

What a plan.... laugh

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 02:05 PM

While I know that this started with a serious question, and has turned into a fun banter.... I will tell you that I was VERY dismayed about a month ago after recieving an email from a lady saying that she was opening a car rental place on the Island. I promptly passed that around to anyone in power to get it stopped!
Luckily, due to the work that so many have done lately, (Thanks Chamber of Commerce!!) this simply won't be happening!
Cheerz!
Posted By: Bernd

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 02:27 PM

No car rental, no one like that, but I know,
Bill got the permit to bring a tank down, claen
up the SPSC, so SPASC got a couple of days later
200 new members.
Bernd

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 03:04 PM

Me thinks we should get rid ofPedros ugly yellow Hummmmmmer too! laugh
Posted By: chismera

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 06:24 PM

Pedro1 gives good hummer

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 06:30 PM

V -

How in the world did this person plan to get legal vehicles to the island?

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 08:01 PM

I'm just not sure. Most gringo's don't even think there would be a problem with buying some cars.... that's something that you can just "do" here.... Must have been a "blond thing" (-- OK OK, don't flame me!!!! I'm a blond too (hehe yeah right!)
Cheerz,
Vicki

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 08:32 PM

Well I have got a tax free concession to bring 25 cars onto the island and will be in operation at the beginning of december and I do not care what anyone says.

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 08:35 PM

did you ever? wink
Posted By: Chris

Re: AC Car rentals - 10/03/03 08:42 PM

Ha Ha, Peter, you really took a beating from this vehicle moratorium. In fact, you had applied for permits for 50 Hummers but only got approved for 25 Ford Explorers. That will teach you.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board