AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Must Do's? - 09/19/03 12:19 PM
This will be our 1st trip to Ambergris Caye. Arriving on Feb. 5th and staying at Coral Bay. Would it be adviseable to get a golf cart for the week or are we close enough to town that we should just get one for a day or two to tour around? We plan on snorkeling/diving as much as possible, but also want to know what you would put at the top of the list of tours/sightseeing that we should do. Also would you recommend spending a night on Caye Caulker for that experience? I think from reading this board I have the restuarants down to where we want to eat, bars for drinking. Any suggestions on tours would be very helpful.
Thanks
Coco Loco Lady
Posted By: ga peach Re: Must Do's? - 09/19/03 12:32 PM
Snorkle picnic is a must do.
Posted By: son of a son Re: Must Do's? - 09/19/03 05:37 PM
Go to the Tides Resort for Sunday BBQ. They had the best Lobster i've ever had!!!! Also order a "One Barrel and Sprite" (if you like rum)

Remeber Lobster season end on the 15th!!!!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Must Do's? - 09/19/03 05:46 PM
You close enough to town there that don't really need a golf cart all the time, but still it's nice to have, as just walking from Coral Bay to the north end of town is quite a hike, especially in the hot sun.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: mobunny Re: Must Do's? - 09/19/03 07:34 PM
Take the day trip to Altun Ha/Maruba Jungle spa with Willie from SEArious. Parasail with Tony at the Fido's dock. Have Capt Jeff hook you up with Bicho Rivero for a snorkel/beach picnic at the deserted Basil Jones resort. Most important have a wonderful time! mobunny laugh
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Re: Must Do's? - 09/19/03 08:20 PM
ga peach ~ what is the snorkel picnic?

son of son ~ rum is what we like best ~ thanks for this must do!

Lan ~ will check out getting a golf cart for the trip ~ really wondered about this ~ however we did walk 3 miles to town every early evening in Cozumel.

mobunny ~ was debating on the which to take the Altun Ha or the Lamanai and who to go with ~ don't worry no matter what we do FUN is what we always have getting out of the snow and into the caribbean somewhere! Drink/eat/dive/sun/relax all equals FUN FUN.
Thanks to all of you! laugh
Posted By: Mel S Re: Must Do's? - 09/19/03 09:24 PM
A must do is go to Caye Caulker on a catamaran for a half day. Capt. Geraldo badillo of the "El Gato" stops to snorkel in Shark and Ray alley on the way to caye caulker. It is an awesome experience. best-wishes, mel s.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Must Do's? - 09/20/03 12:40 PM
Ditto on El Gato. We usually just hire him out for the day, go where ever we want, and bring our own food so we don't have to idle around some place on shore. Of course we're sailors and would rather be in the wind. Watch the rum punch, pretty easy to fall overboard...or so I've been told.
Posted By: ga peach Re: Must Do's? - 09/20/03 01:14 PM
On the snorkle picnic, you are taken to 2 or 3 places for snorkeling and the guide catches fish, conch and lobster,(in season), then go to a nice spot on the beach for lunch. He allowed me to do some fishing as well and that was a blast. He had nice vegatables prepared with all the wonderful belizean spices, cleaned and added the seafood and it was delicious. You don't get seafood any fresher than that.
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Re: Must Do's? - 09/20/03 04:56 PM
Mel S. ~ will for sure check out El Gato may for Caye Caulker or just a day ~ thanks

Choo Choo ~ too funny about the rum punch as my husband (at home) has fallen off a boat trying to get off when drinking rum! lol Maybe we can use El Gato for our snorkle picnic! thanks

ga peach ~ okay thanks for explaining it, sounds like lots of fun and I enjoy spending a day w/just hubby and a guide. This is one my list!

thanks again everyone
Posted By: Mel S Re: Must Do's? - 09/20/03 05:20 PM
Originally posted by CHOOCHOO:
Ditto on El Gato. We usually just hire him out for the day, go where ever we want, and bring our own food so we don't have to idle around some place on shore. Of course we're sailors and would rather be in the wind. Watch the rum punch, pretty easy to fall overboard...or so I've been told.
Yes your right. A trip to caye caulker is a full day. It was the trips to Mexico rocks, tres cocos, and hol chon are generally 1/2 days. Geraldo is fun loving dude. We have used his services for 20 years. His father was Ramon Badillo, a very old friend. best-wishes to all, ms
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Must Do's? - 09/20/03 05:35 PM
ORDER ALL YOUR TOURS FROM ''SEA-RIOUS DIVE SHOP''..[in front of ruby's hotel]

JUST STAY OUT OF MY LAGOON..........[i hate tourists in mi laggon]

ps-- if yur female and look like breakfast...you can stay
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Re: Must Do's? - 09/21/03 12:13 AM
Moose ~ with a name like Coco Loco Lady, yes, I'm female, I'll ask the hubby if I look like breakfast and in case I do where is your lagoon???? lol
Posted By: captjeff Re: Must Do's? - 09/22/03 03:14 PM
coco,loco you are for a real treat,go to fishingsanpedro.com thats the e mail for my capt he does fishing ,or snorkel beach bbq ,customized trips or combo..see nice photos on the site .all at a great price for such a level of service .I go down each month and have a blast ,he is my guide .bicho is just wonderful read , the posts from others .capt bicho is tops ....live the dream enjoy ,,,.
Posted By: E&T Re: Must Do's? - 09/23/03 02:43 AM
Hey Coco Loco Lady,
We'll probably be at Coral Bay that same week. As far as a golf cart, we never use one. It's an easy walk up the beach into town. After an evening of drinking, drinking, drinking and some eating, we find the walk back to be a necessary experience. We just use cruise control from BC's back to CBV. There are bicycles there for the guests to use during the day. We usually take these up to Sweet Basil's. The rest of the time I think you'll find the walking very comfortable.
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Re: Must Do's? - 09/23/03 11:42 PM
Capt Jeff ~ will for sure check out fishingsanpedro ~ thanks for the tip.

E&T ~ you must have the unit I originally asked for, was already booked. Maybe we can hook up and have a few drinks/party! lol Guess we'll just rent a golf cart for a day or two for some touring of the island. Haven't been on a bike in years, don't know if I can still ride and drink! lol Keep in touch.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Must Do's? - 09/24/03 02:32 PM
E & T,

I'm led to believe that some Gringo degenerates will be using CBV 1, 4, 5 and 6 the first week of November. Could y'all scoot down and leave a couple Belikins in the fridges before they get there? Isn't that the usual program?

CC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Must Do's? - 09/27/03 12:03 AM
yur too old fi mi coco loco gal ...saurry
Posted By: mountain Larry Re: Must Do's? - 09/27/03 02:07 AM
You know Coco doing nothing is pretty cool too.
Posted By: Coco Loco Lady Re: Must Do's? - 09/27/03 02:51 AM
Mountain Larry ~ We do plan on spending a couple of days just laying around drinking and relaxing on the beach. That's what we do best at home, easy to crawl to room that way! lol

Moose ~ thanks for protecting me from old geezer! lol lol lol
Posted By: Barnicle Brad Re: Must Do's? - 09/29/03 06:11 PM
How does one get in touch with el gato? Is it advisable to make a reservation???
Posted By: Marty Re: Must Do's? - 09/29/03 06:51 PM
//AmbergrisCaye.com/elgato/
Posted By: Mel S Re: Must Do's? - 09/30/03 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Barnicle Brad:
How does one get in touch with el gato? Is it advisable to make a reservation???
If you want to see more pics of El Gato and Geraldo go to http://community.webshots.com/user/jethrot1 ....Jethrot1=Mel S. Best-Wishes To All, MS.
Posted By: jvid Re: Must Do's? - 09/30/03 09:51 PM
Mr. Moose, where is your lagoon? you scared me and i do not want to end up in your lagoon!!!!if i do should i have a sacrifice with me, like my little dog toto???
Posted By: bboop Re: Must Do's? - 09/30/03 10:14 PM
I also love the trip to caye caulker with Capt
Geraldo on the Catamaran El Gato.
This is a must!!
boop laugh laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board