AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ServaCat Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 06:11 PM
I've read about the glass bottom boat rides and it sounds nice but they all mention a stop for snorkeling.

Is it possible to get a boat ride without a snorkeling stop along the way? What's the cost?

I'm going to AC with my mother and she can't swim and I don't want to leave her sitting in a boat alone twiddling her thumbs. smile
Posted By: Chloe Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 06:23 PM
Oh sure, stops or no stops still same price.
But the boat cpt. might have a mate, that would stay with your Mom, while you snorkel.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 07:04 PM
It's so lovely out on the reef. She can put her feet up, relax and read a nice magazine or a good book while being gently rocked in the sea breeze. Personally, if I couldn't swim, I can't think of anything better!!!! wink
Debbie
Posted By: Ms Irish Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 07:33 PM
On a past trip, there were some folks that did just that. We went on one of the glass bottom boats. While we were snorkling, an older woman stayed on the boat to watch the activity below the water through the glass bottom while also being able to take in the view above the water. The boat had a canopy on it as well, so this woman wasn't baking in the sun the whole time. She seemed to enjoy herself.
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 08:35 PM
Also have an interest in the glass bottom boat. Who has that service? confused
Posted By: pfarrell Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 08:44 PM
If a glass bottomed boat's your thing, more power to you.

Thought you should know that this boat goes VERY SLOWLY. putt, putt, putt, putt

If what you want to do is take a ride and see the reef, try the snorkle trip. They'll even give you a life vest if you're not a great swimmer. If you can't swim at all, i guess the glass bottom boat is better than nothing but man that sucker's slow.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 08:47 PM
YOU CAN ARRANGE A GLASS BOTTOM BOAT TRIP THROUGH ''SEA-RIOUS'' DIVE SHOP RIGHT IN FRONT OF ''RUBY'S HOTEL''

ALTHOUGH SLOW.... ITS A GREAT INTRODUCTION TO THE REEF EXPIERIENCE

ENJOY
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/24/03 09:05 PM
Reef Runner also runs a glass bottom boat. Your hotel will be able to make all arrangements for you. I believe all include stops for snorkeling but she could stay on the boat - very scenic.
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Boat Ride w/o Snorkel - 10/25/03 01:20 AM
Already have snorkeling trips planned but a slow, putt, putt, putt over the reef doesn't sound too bad either. Idea of going is to slow down and get away from the everyday rat race. :rolleyes: When tired of snorkeling can still enjoy the view from the boat.

Thanks for telling us who has them.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board