AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: RockyHeap ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/24/03 11:19 PM
From what I've heard and read time and time again, Amigos Del Mar has a very nice boat and operation.

I'd like an opinion on ProTech dive shop, who also is supposed to have big new boats, and top notch guides and gear.

Anyone dove with them? We're looking mostly for the outer islands and want a nice boat for the 2-2.5 hour cruise.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/25/03 02:10 AM
Amigos-hands down
Posted By: R&RCollett Re: ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/25/03 02:57 AM
We found Protech to be an absolutely fantastic Dive Shop. The staff are all very friendly and professional and they have GREAT equipment. Many other divers we met there said it was one of the best dive shops they had ever encountered.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/25/03 03:06 AM
Interesting reply- As far as I know Protech does not go to the outer islands-in fact they are running an instructors course,as we converse, and they told their trainees to go with Amigos-IMO that says it all.
Posted By: Badco Re: ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/25/03 03:38 AM
You tell em peter.........cuz it's true.
Posted By: Savanno Re: ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/25/03 05:08 AM
Depending where you're staying on Ambergris Caye, I would say with "Amigos del Mar" or "Belize Academy of Diving".
Both of them have splendid boats, gear and have extremely good staff working for them. Just to let you know... The owner from Belize Academy of Diving does most of the dives himself, witch I think is very positive.
Both off them gives great services where I could put my hand into fire for.
Unfortunately I cannot say anything about the ProTech dive shop as I never been diving with them, so "?" about them...
Posted By: Short Re: ProTech dive shop Vs AmigosDelMar - 10/25/03 09:03 AM
Just go to search and enter Protech and Amigo's del Mar - read the reviews.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board