AmbergrisCaye.com Home
I recently went diving for the first time during my honeymoon in Belize and wanted to take this opportunity to recommend Protech for the
outstanding instruction I received in their Open Water Certification course.
As a result of their course, I feel that I've had some of the best training available and am wholly confident in my basic diving skills. The fact that I scored 96 on the PADI final written examination is an indicator of the
quality of their course. In addition, because they conduct the confined water
dives in a real environment (as opposed to a pool), the learning experience is that much more enriched. The entire team is both professional and courteous, and they made the entire experience most enjoyable and rewarding. I would recommend Protech, to anyone wishing to become certified, and I plan on taking further diving courses from Protech to advance my certification (and therefore traveling from California to Belize to do so).
There are many good instructors and many poor instructors. Often a new diver can't tell the difference. Not to mention that 96 is kind of a low score.

Tell me this, what did the instuctor do next, when he handed back your written exam?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/26/03 03:30 AM
I'LL STICK AWI PROZAK
So Pedro and Moose- how many dives have you each logged?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/26/03 07:34 AM
GESZZZZ I'D HAVE TO CONTAC 40 ODD YRS OF X-GALFRENZ
Good one, Moose. (I know I shouldn't encourage him, but he really is good.)
Posted By: NYgal Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/26/03 02:22 PM
smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/26/03 02:48 PM
ckoCain---- ahhh that wud be ''majestic''
And that would be Kocian.....rhymes with Ocean....though, incredibly, phonetically challenged folks have to be told that.
What does it matter how many dives I have done?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/26/03 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Pedro1:
What does it matter how many dives I have done?
Because so many at this forum respond about the diving or dive operators, most do not dive at all. They only pass on what they have read, not first hand knowledge. It's a bit lop-sided at best.
Fair enough-I have around 100 plus dives and dove the Blue Hole at least 5 times.
I live here and follow the labour laws whereas other people do not,and am allowed an opinion on which dive shop that I think is the best run ,best organised etc.
Pedro,

What dive shop do you recomend? The husband and I plan to look into some dives and perhaps him becoming certified while we are there in December.
Thanks,
Dena
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/29/03 03:59 PM
Protech does not respond to innuendo, especially from people sheltering behind a public pseudonym. Like other local businesses we do receive occasional testimonials from customers, but we rarely have prior knowledge of these and never any influence over their content. Such as the local graduate of one of our PADI IDCs who has given me permission to quote her: "I'm an instructor now - I realised my dream thanks to your facility". We enjoy having satisfied customers and regard that as the best advertising.

We work with many of our "competitors" and have a good relationshp with them, including the established practice of sharing boats for Blue Hole trips when no one dive centre has enough divers of its own. We will shortly have a large boat of our own for these trips and will of course be happy to welcome divers from any local dive centre.

It would be good if this noticeboard could be reserved for objective comments and facts of interest to potential visitors to our island.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/29/03 05:59 PM
BOOK ALL....YUR DIVES THROUGH ''SEA-RIOUS '' DIVE SHOP ... IN FRONAH RUBY'S HOTEL
Peter -so where does that put Chismera-and I have left a message for you to call me-added to this I have never hidden myself on this or any other message board.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/29/03 06:18 PM
May I add, this 'Noticeboard' would be nothing if, we the people that write to and about Ambergris Caye, weren't here.

Swallow

Pretty sensitive, I'd say.
That's my nickle's worth smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/29/03 06:33 PM
i was expecting a shilin's worth ---oh well
Posted By: NYgal Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/29/03 06:34 PM
Later, if necessary.

Off to work..... smile
Posted By: Short Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/30/03 08:38 AM
Who determines what's objective?
yeah, swallowing is subjective.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Great first experience diving with Protech - 10/30/03 02:32 PM
ad-jectives... wink ?
with a "able" suffix i'll swallow that.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board