AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Belikin Joe Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 11/18/03 02:08 AM
My wife and I wanted to pass along a big "Thanks" to Capt Jeff, Pedro, and the rest of the people on this board for recommending the fish/snorkle/beach bbq with Capt Bicho. Pedro, I don't know if you remember but we ran into you and Charlie at Fido's last Wednesday evening.

This was our second trip to San Pedro this year, and this was yet another great tour that we would highly recommend to others (we've previously done cave tubing, manatees, and snorkling at Hol Chan & Mexico Rocks). We split the boat with another couple we met at our resort, and went out last Monday. We all saw a lot of action, and had a wonderful day. We caught four different types of snapper, grouper, trigger fish, jack, 'cuda, and more. I'll go ahead and admit that the ladies out caught the guys on the boat - they must have had beginners luck! We snorkled Hol Chan/Shark Ray to conclude our day.

From an experience standpoint you can't beat it - some fishing, GREAT lunch (we found out Bicho used to be a cook), and snorkling in perhaps one of the best spots in the Caribbean. We dove down with Bicho's son for some conch, and later watched his son dive down to get a couple lobsters for lunch.

From a cost standpoint in our opinion this was the best dollar for dollar tour we've been on.

So if anyone is looking for a great experience and/or looking for a day trip but on a budget, this is certainly one worth doing.

For those of you interested in booking a day with Bicho check out fishingsanpedro.com.
Posted By: charliec Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 11/18/03 06:11 PM
I'll second Jamblu's enthusiastic review for Captain Bicho. My wife and I were the "other couple" that went and it was my wife's first time to go salt water fishing. Like Jamblu mentioned, the wives caught all the fish.

One thing I liked about the trip was if we parked in a spot and the fish weren't biting, Bicho was pretty quick to move on. No waiting around and he seemed to know his spots.
Posted By: govikes Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 11/18/03 09:11 PM
Hooray! I'm going out with Capts Bichou and Jeff my 1ST day down and can't wait. I'm hoping the ever elusive and enigmatic Pedro joins us. laugh
Posted By: osowaldo Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 11/21/03 02:07 PM
sounds like a great day....would it be fun for younf children as well (3 / 7 / 8 / 10) and if so....what name do i look under for capt bicho on the home page (ie serious or ramons et al)
osowaldo
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 11/21/03 03:40 PM
www.fishingsanpedro.com
Come to see me and I will introduce him to you.
Yes it would be a good day out for the kids-some fishing, some snorkelling,great bar-b-q
PS your gg have been delivered
Posted By: captjeff Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 11/26/03 06:19 PM
james how nice you had a great time capt bicho said you had a blast ,,,just got back and will post my report but fishing was wonderful .so glad you guys had fun now you know how to live the dream keep and enjoy ,
Posted By: OHKim Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 12/01/03 03:20 AM
my husband and I spent Monday with Capt Bicho and Junior....I caught so many fish I had blisters....Bicho gave us enough red snapper to eat for three nights...MMMMM....Elvi's Kitchen one night and Blue Water Grill two nights...nothing like fresh caught snapper! We had a wonderful time with wonderful people...the beach bbq was fabulous...and I had so much fun fishing before lunch I asked if we could fish after lunch again...a wonderful day on the beautiful water in Belize!
Posted By: captjeff Re: Fishing with Capt. Bicho - 12/01/03 04:28 PM
kim ,doug looks like you guys had a ball .fishingsanpedro.com and the capt bicho is a great combo,he gives you lots of bang for your buck .great day on the water filled with action and adventure ..and yes bicho was a chef so the bbq is wonderful .. so glad you had nice wheather that day . bicho will post your photos on the fishingsanpedro.com late afternoon today .your photos show a smile from ear to ear ..so nice you folks got to live the dream and took time out to enjoy ...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board