AmbergrisCaye.com Home

JJW Concerts

Posted By: Bobber

JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 04:44 PM

We are going to be at the Palms Jan 31 through Feb 9 and would like to attend one of the JJW concerts. Since the tickets are only sold for all 3 concerts that week, is there anyone out there that has tickets but doesn't plan on hitting all three nights? Looking for four for any one of the concerts. Either let me know here or contact me at The Palms that week. cool
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 05:21 PM

Over the last couple of years it has always been possible to buy tickets from the management on the day except for the first concert

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 05:48 PM

Thanks Pedro. Management being whom?

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 06:41 PM

There appears at the JJW weeks lots of impotent people who can provide tickets-if you like I will get them for you (this year I arranged for 8 people to see the show)
Peter
Posted By: chismera

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 06:48 PM

"impotent"? Including Pedro?
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 07:08 PM

What do you get when you play country music backwards?

You get back your wife, your dog, your truck...

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 07:17 PM

OK Peter, how do I get ahold of you off the board?
Posted By: edina

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 10:22 PM

Wondering where and when JJW is going to be in San Pedro, we are arriving on Feb 12th, are we too late to get a chance to see him in concert?

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/11/03 10:52 PM

At Coconet Internet Bar after 4.30pm

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/12/03 02:04 AM

I take it that means I hunt you up when I get down there, correct?

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/12/03 02:07 AM

yup

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/12/03 02:07 AM

edina, according to the JJW website, he will be there Feb 1-8. So, if you are coming in on the 12th, you just have to settle for 3 days of lobster before the season ends. Life is like that sometimes. We had our trip planned even before we knew he was going to be down there, in fact, never heard any of his music until recently.
Posted By: Badco

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/12/03 02:49 AM

I just got my laminate in the mail & the note attached said they would not be making any tickets available on site, that only pre-pay is the go this year. No replacement for lost or left behind laminates either. Just wanted to pass along what I know.
Posted By: Badco

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/12/03 02:50 AM

And he'll be playing at the dockside (Wet Willy's)

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/12/03 04:19 AM

OK, we'll play it by ear when we hit the ground. Peter, I will look you up when we get there anyway.
Posted By: edina

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/13/03 04:13 AM

Well,it as just a shot in the dark, this will be our 5th trip down, so if we had gotten a chance to see him it would have been a bonus. We'll make do with lobster, BC's and what ever else happens.
Posted By: allrightguy

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/13/03 08:12 AM

The first year I went to JJW in San Pedro, I left our laminates at home. I was devastated, but got lucky. Susan Walker and Pam, a previous employee of JJW, gave me their two laminates. They have never let me forget it. In January of this year(2003), I had an extra laminate which I sold when I got to San Pedro. In addition, there were at least 6 or 8 other ones available, some just for the 2nd and 3rd shows as a result of some people going home early, etc. However, there were many, many people who wanted to get into the shows who could not beg, borrow or steal a laminate. I have never known of the JJW organization having any laminates for sale once they get to San Pedro.
I have been told that all 3 shows will be at Wet Willie's again in 2004 as they were in 2003. In 2002, the first show was in front of Ramon's, the 2nd was at Fido's, and the 3rd show was at Wet Willie's. I will be at JJW for the first week in January and the second week in February in 2004. See you there!
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/13/03 11:40 AM

I watched him on the Immus Show for free. Didn't even need a laminate!!

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/13/03 04:45 PM

Wet Willies ain't that big. I would assume I can sit on the beach and hear all I need to if it comes to that. I remember sitting at PV on Wed nights and I was able to hear just about everything that went on out there above normal conversation. laugh
Posted By: bintipa

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/18/03 03:59 AM

Hi,
I'm an AC novice, and I'm wondering if someone can please tell me where Wet Willies is, as I don't seem to be able to find it on the maps of San Pedro that I have from AmbergrisCaye.com website.

I'll be at the February concerts, and I'm really really really looking forward to both Belize and the concerts.

cheers -- bintipa
Posted By: sandb

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/18/03 04:27 AM

Welome Bintipa.
From the maps on this sight locate The Blue Tang.
From its front door walk East approx 75 feet and you will reach the foot of a pier.
Walk out the pier approx 150 feet and you are there.

Happy trails

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/18/03 03:17 PM

Used to be the old Docksider. At the end of the pier that Hustler tours is on. Pretty much just in front of the Blue Tang, about 100 feet north of Paradise Villas.
Posted By: bintipa

Re: JJW Concerts - 12/19/03 04:42 AM

OK, I've got the picture now. Thanks Very Much.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board