AmbergrisCaye.com Home

New Years Eve in Amergris Caye

Posted By: djuhasz

New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 03:43 AM

Anybody know of anything going on for New Year's Eve at night?

Any recommended clubs, any planned parties or organized social gatherings

My girlfriend and I are looking for a fun night and would like suggestions of what to do. Also we might splurge this night and get a nice hotel close to the nightlife ($50-$100). Any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted By: seashell

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 09:13 AM

Cute troll.

Best of the season to you.
Posted By: KB

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 04:31 PM

Many Hotels/Bars will have parties but Ramon's is the most rockin' by far....see you there!!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 05:50 PM

All the bars restaurants and clubs will be filled with people, and then you will be amazed at how many people will be at Ramon's at the same time, the beach will be standing room only. Unbelizable!

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 07:19 PM

Oh yeah, please let us know how it goes getting a nice room on New Year's Eve. . . especially in the $50-100 range.
Posted By: Big Frank

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 07:49 PM

Hotels--try Ruby's or the Holiday. I've not been in a coupla years, so I might be rusty.

The Lion's club had a kind of 'locals' party at their space that was terrific and about $10US per head. Doesn't start for reals til after midnite mass.
To have a cooler of beer and be on the beach @ Ramons might be a hot tip. Not to be cheap but it can be a crush so BYOB

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 08:55 PM

Frank, my point is that it is unlikely that there are any rooms left at any Inn, for Dec. 31.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 09:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 09:15 PM

Is there something wrong dp? Anything you'd like to share with us?
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 09:28 PM

You seem to be uncharacteristically rattled by this thread. Anything you might want to share?
Posted By: Teenah

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/19/03 10:00 PM

Some of the places I called didn't have availability on the 31st unless you agreed to book four other nights along with it. Some had availability every other night except the 31st. I think a fair share of mainlanders come to the island that night as well.

I had a blast at Ramon's last new Year's Eve. They had great dancing music on the beach and tons of people!

Hey Seashell! Long time no talk to. I keep waiting for that cd to come in the mail gial. wink

Re: New Years Eve in Amergris Caye - 12/20/03 04:26 AM

Hey, Teenah!! My heart is with you in San Pedro this Xmas. Unfortunately, your CD is with my friend who has left for Cuba.

I've checked into chat from time to time but I'm always in there alone.

You must be so excited. For myself, I have tears in my eyes. I just looked at Kay Scott's picture that Klcman brought forward. I can't believe I'm not going to be there. First Xmas I haven't been in San Pedro out of the last 4.

I'm glad you didn't have any trouble finding a place to stay. smile

What do you think the chances are that the young man that started this thread will be able to find a place when he arrives?

dp, you found me uncharacteristically rattled? That's so sweet. Perhaps it is my depression over not being in San Pedro this Xmas season, combined with my bitter experience of 2 years ago, wherein I was unable to rent a room for New Year's Eve at any price. lol
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board