AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ?

Posted By: bintipa

Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 04:46 AM

Hi Everybody,

I've been monitoring this board for awhile now, and learning all kinds of great stuff, but I haven't seen this topic come up yet.

Can anyone recommend good restaurant options for ovo-lacto vegetarians ? I'm not expecting to find an exclusively vegetarian restaurant in such a small location, so I'd be happy with somewhere that has more than one vegetarian option on the menu. I'm not looking for somewhere that's really fancy and expensive, just a nice place with good food, and preferably one where I might run into some nice people, as I'm heading down there solo.

Thanks in advance.

bintipa
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 05:06 AM

There have been a few recent posts on this topic. go to the top of the page and do a search on vegetarian.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 04:56 PM

well taste of thialand has great veg dishes have no idea what ovo lacto is sorry ???but my friends who do not eat any meat ,fish ,or fowl love to go there,tippy will make any dish you want ..live the dream and enjoy
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 06:08 PM

As a vegan, Taste of Thailand also gets my vote! The food is fabulous with lots of vegetarian selections. Only place on the island I found that makes dishes with tofu. Try the #56 my personnel favorite. laugh laugh laugh mobunny
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 06:36 PM

mobunny thats right the#56 is your special veggie dish named after you mobunny ??,mine is the #25 capt jeff pork but we will not go there .. hope all is well, happy new year to you both ,live the dream 365 days a year ..

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 07:06 PM

Hi Capt Jeff, Happy New Year to you too! Irm and I are very well and looking forward to returning to SP this August for two weeks. Life is good! mobunny laugh
Posted By: DJH

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/05/04 11:34 PM

I am not a big meat eater either and can always find something to eat. You should'nt have any trouble. Try the Jade garden. It is one of my favorites.

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/06/04 12:13 AM

I second the Jade Garden suggestion. They have veggie eggrolls the size of a burrito. Yum. mobunny
Posted By: Beachy

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/06/04 01:05 AM

If I was a hungry lacto ovo, I'd have a bowl of seville seasoned olives or some savory roasted garlic, maybe a gazpacho, then a big bowl of homemade marinara or putanesca sauce over egg-free pasta. yum. for dessert I would have a mango delight from the bar. Please consider Casa Picasso while visiting San Pedro.
Chris
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/06/04 06:44 AM

yum! And I was thinking rice and beans...
Posted By: Short

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/06/04 09:08 AM

Casa Picasso (pescaterian chef - tapas) and Sweet Basil (lunch)!
Posted By: bintipa

Re: Vegetarian fare in San Pedro ? - 01/06/04 09:03 PM

Howdy,

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I'll definitely be looking into Tastes of Thailand and Casa Picasso, and as many of the others as I can find.

We're having a big old snow storm here today, and a foot of snow is keeping me home from work (hey, there are some benefits to it), so I'm looking forward to San Pedro even more than ever. I'll be there the first week of February for the Jerry Jeff week. Whooo-Hooo!

cheers -- bintipa
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board