AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: TMurf one more question about fishing - 01/07/04 09:07 PM
Can anyone tell me the best time of the year for fishing? My fiance nor I dive but we LOVE to fish. He wants to know if when we are planning to go (mid-late Feb) if the fishing will be good, and if so, what to expect to catch? Sanpedrofishig.com looks like a great site and we are going to look them up when we get there.
Posted By: captjeff Re: one more question about fishing - 01/07/04 10:04 PM
tmurf the fishing is great all year round just some fish are around at differant times and cooperate better ....then there are times they bite better ??? we do not why ???? ,but you will always have a great day ,,and the site you talked about is fishingsanpedro.com .I go every month and always have action with them ,some things that help or hurt the fishing is wind ,tide, moon ,temp of water , and the bait fish in the area just to name a few.also how cold the belkins beer in the cooler are .. but we always catch fish ,fun you will have see all the posts from fishermen who just got back and love sanpedo as a fishing hot spot ..live the dream and enjoy but book early like now!!!!!!! for feb because they will be sold out on most dates and they are the best ...
Posted By: Angelo Re: one more question about fishing - 02/05/04 06:01 AM
I've done some pretty extensive research myself, as I will be venturing in the first week of April for Tarpon, Bonefish, and Permit on Fly. It all really depends on what type of fishing you want to do and what species you're after. One of the reasons that I chose Belize for my trip is because it's a year-round fishery. There are small resident Tarpon that can be fished year-round, but the large migratory Tarpon start to come in around early May and gets really hot from there through the summer. I chose April myself because it's supposed to be less windy than Jan, Feb, or March. It's also supposed to be the best time for Permit. Bonefish are supposed to be good all year long, but peak a few time durin the year. As far as reef fishing, there are Barracuda, Jacks, and snappers, among other fish that can be had at times during the year. As far as Feb is concerned, most of what I read indicates that it can be quite windy, but when it's not, the fishing can be really good. Hope this helps.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board