AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Scuba

Posted By: California Girl

Scuba - 01/11/04 11:27 PM

First trip to AC - arriving late Jan 19 for a week. My husband and his dive buddy will want to go to the Blue Hole and another site - does anyone have reccommendation for another interesting location and a dive shop?
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Scuba - 01/12/04 12:00 AM

If you're going that far out, I'd recommend Amigos Del Mar, http://www.amigosdive.com. In fact, I'd recommend them for any dives you do. Good people, lots of local experience and they've got the best dive boat on the island for long trips, IMO--a Pro 48. Good staff as well and a bunch of smaller boats for close-in reef diving. I'd also recommend them for a trip out to Turneffe. The Elbow and The Aquarium are really memorable dives for me. It's a long way out to the Blue Hole and Turneffe. If there are any seas at all, you'll be glad you're in a big, comfortable boat. For what it's worth, and this is my personal opinion, the Blue Hole's not that big a deal. There are a lot of other much more beautiful and interesting dives to make from AC.
Posted By: Badco

Re: Scuba - 01/12/04 04:54 AM

I've done the above mentioned trip & yea, once you get to the hole, you can't even tell except for the "crust" around the top edge here & there. We did Aquarium, stopped at Lighthouse Reef,(which was a treat & 1/2)as well as Halfmoon Caye. Some great wall dives on this trip & some good snorkeling for those who don't dive. This included lunch. This is my opinion only and yes, there are some good dives closer in, but I wouldn't miss this trip if I were you and Amigos is the only company for me.

Re: Scuba - 01/12/04 06:10 AM

Thanks! We appreciate the info. Any other things (other than diving) that you would suggest for our 1 week trip to AC?

Re: Scuba - 01/12/04 06:13 AM

Thanks! That's the kind of thing my diving hubby was thinking..................good to have it confirmed. Which close in spots to you like?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board