AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Underwater Wedding - 01/10/04 02:12 AM
January 5th, 2004
San Pedro Town, Belize
http://BelizeWeddings.Com, Belize's premiere wedding coordinator announced today that it successfully completed its first underwater wedding. At a depth of thirty feet, the couple Randy and Tammy on North Carolina, USA descended fully attired with complete tuxedo and wedding dress.
Kneeling at the white sandy bottom and guided by their local dive guide of Amigos del Mar, this spectacular underwater site made a first for Belize.
Rev. David Simpson, a certified diver himself officiated the dive slate vows. After the exchanging of rings and their underwater union kiss, the couple swam off to further explore the corals and marine life of The Belize Barrier Reef. Mrs. Iraida Gonzalez, coordinator and owner of BelizeWeddings.Com said..."The wedding market has grown tremendously over the last few years and the addition of underwater weddings to our services has given couples a greater choice of tying the knot."
Belize has become a popular destination for weddings and honeymoons, with its warm weather and diverse attractions such as beaches, ruins, jungles. This beautiful Caribbean jewel has become a wedding and honeymoon paradise for every couple. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Randy Abercrombie!!!!!!
For more information contact: Mrs. Iraida Gonzalez, BelizeWeddings.Com Cell: 610 4459

[Linked Image]
Posted By: klcman Re: Underwater Wedding - 01/10/04 09:04 PM
When I read this in SP Sun, I was amazed. I actually found it unbelizeablwe that this was the first time it had occurred.

Best wishes for a happy wet life.....fins up!

Now we await the first parasail wedding on AC laugh
Posted By: Bride2B Re: Underwater Wedding - 06/24/04 04:15 PM
Hmmm....Parasail wedding...now THAT could be interesting! Does David parasail, also? And what kind of bouquet and guest favors would one do for that?
Posted By: 4leafclover Re: Underwater Wedding - 06/25/04 05:03 PM
The videographer for Belize's first underwater video was Marty O'Farrell.
For all your wedding video's(land or sea) contact Marty O'Farrell @ www.ofarrellhouse.com or [email protected].
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Underwater Wedding - 06/25/04 06:24 PM
...ministers advice to the newlyweds: don't do up faster than the slowest bubble. Words we can ALL live by...Amen!!
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Underwater Wedding - 06/25/04 10:43 PM
Where did they get the idea that this was the first? I'm sure I remember that Anta, Belize Underwater Video, had photographed at least one. Nice publicity though. Since Anta has left the island a couple from Canada are taking over her business. I guess we now have two (don't count me) underwater videographers in San Pedro.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board