AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler

Posted By: Pedro1

Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 04:43 AM

As usual I was correct anyone with 50usd could attend the concerts-I personally arranged for 8 people to go-and it will be the same for the feb concerts-
Posted By: Badco

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 04:56 AM

great, several asking this question recently.
Peter, is the Island Grocery Store open yet?

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 05:03 AM

Yes
Posted By: California Girl

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 06:17 AM

Where is the Island Grocery Store? We're arriving (1st trip) late Monday 1/19 and would like to pick up a few things for the evening/next morning...........staying at Brianna's Beach House
Posted By: Marsali

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 10:10 AM

I am kind of repeating myself here, but oh well...

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of this guy's music? I was thinking of taking my mother to his concert, if I can get tickets and if I like his music. I went to his website, but I didn't see any samples on his site.

Anyone able to give me a critique/ synopsis of his music and style?

Curious,
Marsali
Posted By: Phoenix East

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 02:01 PM

Island Beat\country, a good friend of Jimmy Buffett.
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 04:11 PM

California Girl, quite a hike to the island supermarket from Briannas. You might try the grocery store behind the Blue Tang, just a short hike down the beach. They have a lot of stuff. Or La Popular bakery for baked goods.
Marsali, go to the website, you can pick up the music link there. Never heard of the guy 5 years ago, but he seemed to pop up on this board so much that I hit the website a few months ago and picked up his "Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits" CD, and it is a big favorite around here.
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 04:25 PM

California Girl, oops, didn't exactly answer the question. The island market is south of the airstrip, Briannas is just north of town.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/12/04 04:27 PM

I was a Jerry Jeff fan back when I was a country music fan. In fact, I have one of his albums, that's right vinyl.... Only tracks I can recall the names of are 'Up Against the Wall You Redneck Mother' and 'Pissin in the Wind'.

I forgot all about him until I started reading this board. 'Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits' is playing as I type this. Great CD.

Jean
Posted By: GRAFFICE

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 03:08 AM

HEY PEDRO WITH EFFICIENT TICKETS..........WHEN ARE THE FEB SHOWS????

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 03:11 AM

Show is at the Dockside/Wet Willie's up on the north edge of town, past the cemetary.

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 03:12 AM

Marsali, check Amazon.com for samples of his tunes. smile

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 03:13 AM

Do not know but from what I have been told the "stumblers" are coming down first week in Feb-and if all is as usual there will be 3 shows-last week only 163 turned up-220 coming next time(so I have been told)

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 03:54 AM

Jean, Ugh! with names like those songs, my time inside may be limited. Hope the red-neck stuff is to a low minimum.This tart has a low tolerance for that style of music.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 04:51 AM

It's all red neck stuff!
Posted By: ckocian

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 06:07 AM

If you hang out on an island with Jerry Jeff Walker, yew just might BE a redneck laugh
Posted By: Marsali

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 08:41 AM

BTW, Thanks Badco!

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 08:10 PM

No rednecks here, ugh! No way. I have about zero tolerance for that crap. That's just my opinion.(Aren't we supposed to add that ??)
Posted By: Miss Anthropy

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/13/04 09:26 PM

JJ Stumbler is a Texan Badco, which means that there is probably going to be an undertone of redneck to just about anything he, or any other Texan, may do musically or otherwise. Its mostly all in good fun though.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/14/04 01:43 AM

wonder how those NY'ers liked him in late October when he was working the Village scene? NY/rednex - there's a thought to ponder
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/14/04 01:52 AM

urban cowboys??
Posted By: klcman

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/14/04 02:08 AM

there ya go!

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/14/04 02:28 AM

Stevie Ray Vaughn was a texan & there wasn't any red-neck in that, man I miss him. frown
Posted By: Miss Anthropy

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/14/04 04:59 PM

I was socially acquainted with SRV 20 years ago back in school when he would come through town to play the college town circuit, and I can tell you that he was a sweet guy, but he was a little bit redneck too, not in a bad way, but redneck nonetheless.

Re: Tickets for Jerry Jeff Stumbler - 01/14/04 07:57 PM

Not in his music and that's the part I'm talking about. He was soo good.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board