AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Number5 Late Start - 01/30/04 01:53 AM
Last night, my wife and I decided to follow through on an impulse and head to San Pedro for a vacation in early March. We've never been to Belize, but browsing the web, Portofino looked like a good place to stay for our first trip. Anyone out there have experience with them?
Posted By: rcwil Re: Late Start - 01/30/04 02:33 PM
Your best bet is to use the search option on this board for information about Portofino and any other lodging. Look up and to the right.

There is tons of information!

Have fun.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Late Start - 01/31/04 12:18 AM
Portofino is lovely, and so are several others in that range of elegance, comfort and price:
Mata Chica
Victoria House
El Pescador Villas
Check them all and choose - you can rest assured that at each location you will have a wonderful accommodations and service. Each is a bit different in the details - you will be the judge of what you want in that respect.
Posted By: snoopycat Re: Late Start - 01/31/04 04:38 PM
Hi #5:

I stumbled on Portofino in much the same way while browsing the web. We will be visiting Belize for the first time in April and will be staying at Portofino. We went for the honeymoon package in the Royal Orchid suite, which looks fantastic on the website. The package includes snorkeling trips and a "try-dive", and other goodies like champagne and wine.

While snooping around this (very informative) message board, I learned that the major drawbacks of Portofino are the absence of a pool and access to town. But I think the beauty and peace and quiet of the resort will make up for all that.

If you do decide to stay at Portofino in March, let me know how you like it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board