AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Kelly Rae Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 01/31/04 11:22 PM
Does anyone have info on Xanadu Resort?
Is it quiet, close to food, bars, clean...etc.
Posted By: JanetBoston Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 01/31/04 11:34 PM
I haven't been to Xanadu yet but I'm looking forward to staying there this spring. There's a link to their website above under "Lodging". I've read many positive reports on this board, so do a search for Xanadu and you should find the answers you're looking for.

Also, there's a really good map of AC which shows the location of all the hotels:
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
Xanadu doesn't have a bar or restaurant so it's supposed to be quiet there, but as you can see on the map there are several hotels with restaurants nearby.

Janet
Posted By: wonderwoman Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 01/31/04 11:50 PM
Xanadu is south of town, right on the beach, very quiet and you can get to town by bicycle or taxi, about a 20 minute walk on the beach.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 02/01/04 11:51 PM
Very nice place. Clean & quiet. No bar or restaraunt on site but several nearby. I stayed there last trip down and send many satisfied customers to them.
Posted By: Darla Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 02/03/04 07:11 PM
We'll be staying there Feb 28th for one week. I'd gladly give you a report once we get back. I've only heard really good things about it.
Posted By: Kelly Rae Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 02/04/04 03:18 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate everyones input on this! Darla, if you could give me a report when you get back that would be awesome!! I guess my main concerns are airline prices and getting around on the island. The last thing I want is to be miles away from food and drink!
Posted By: klcman Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 02/04/04 03:39 AM
won't be a problem!
Posted By: Darla Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 02/07/04 04:47 PM
We too were worried about being too far away from food and drinks so we have already rented a golf cart for the whole week. I walk daily at home so the mile or so to town is fine, but the guys are LAZY!! What room are you staying in? I'll try and get some pic's for you.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Xanadu Resort-Ambergris Caye - 02/07/04 10:34 PM
They give guests free bikes too. Plus there are restaurants, etc right in the area. Nice stroll to town.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board