AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Is AC Weight Watcher friendly?

Posted By: Dang.

Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 04:21 AM

Hi, were gettin in this week. Sounds like there is a nice choice of resturants. What are some names of healthy ones we can look for.
Thanks, Dan
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 07:56 PM

dang are you on a special diet or just like to eat healthy,Iam doing low carbs like atkins or southbeach and have no problem here ..let me know whats on your mind ???will help you find the right places ...
Posted By: klcman

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 08:09 PM

capt - does Belikin come low carb now? wink
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 08:17 PM

I've been on Weight Watchers for about six months. During that time, we've taken three island vacations. Also during those vacation, I have completely ignored the fact that I am on WW. Ate whatever I wanted and drank the local beers. After each trip I had only gained about a pound. The secret seems to be walk, walk, walk. Early morning walks on the beach, walk to restaurants. Walk around the town you're visiting.

When we were in San Pedro in June (pre WW), we had great salads at the restaurant at the Sun Breeze Hotel, ??Blue Water Grill. (I've loaned all my books out.) Also, I'd bet you can get point friendly meals at the Thai restaurant. And grilled fish is available every where. I was pleasantly surprised to see that lots of restaurants serve baked potatoes. They can be point friendly if you don't put much butter and/or sour cream on them. Good variety of fruits for breakfast too.

A little less than three weeks until we're back in San Pedro, can't wait!!!! Jean

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 08:28 PM

klcman ,no beer I am the new man have lost 30 lbs already ,I am a lean, mean ,fishing machine only 70 lbs more to go ??????? need to get down to my fighting weight ??so I can chase the ladies ...and look good ??????
Posted By: Dang.

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 08:49 PM

Hea Thanks, Its my wife shes a life member. Shes not that strict these days but she is conscious what she eats. Were stayin at Xanudu, any good resturauts close?

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/09/04 11:03 PM

dang she will have no problem in sanpedro just watch the baked potatos they put butter and sour cream ...lots of fish here just tell them no butter..grilled anyway she knows this if a life member ...me i was thrown out of the diet center 29 times .I am a real bad boy but !!!!!enjoy the frsh fruit stands all over town also get fresh oj from the same places ..go have fun live the dream and enjoy

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 02:00 AM

awesome capt! keep up the good work - which is working better Atkins or South Beach? and how long have you been a proponent?
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 04:27 AM

We welcome all fatties. Remember we are a cruise ship destination,and the ice cream parlour is their first stop before and after lunch.
Posted By: Chris

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 04:30 AM

klcman: I'm on both diets..I eat only what both diets allow (at the same time) and I haven't lost any weight at all. I want my money back.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 04:32 AM

Is the South Beach Diet the"gay"one.

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 04:48 AM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 04:32 PM

the south beach diet for gays ??now I know why I am wearing frilled panties !!!!it must be the foods I am eating >>>peter how do know the diet is for gays ???????
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 05:59 PM

Papi's diner is very reasonably priced. It has fish and chicken that is very tasty, and what I liked about it is they always serve steamed vegetables. Brocolli, carrots, cauliflower, etc. I was able to find salads at most restuarants, but rarely the steamed veggies. So try Papi's diner. His lobster is to die for.
The best salads by far were at Sweet Basil's. But somebody said it was sold????? Does that mean it's not there anymore???? frown
Debbie
Posted By: Redheada

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 06:17 PM

Here is the beauty of WW: Order your lunch, dinner as usual (avoid fried foods) and split the portions in half. You can eat almost anything on WW by doing that. There are also bonus points each week. Tell her to eat modestly half the time and eat freely for special dinners. Then as Jean said - plan a nice walk down the beach and earn activity points.

The only area I cannot help you with is alcohol. I fear there is not much you can do about that if you drink.

It is a vacation - so I say dont worry about the diet for a week - relax and enjoy.
Posted By: Gela

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 06:18 PM

I was on weightwatchers while visiting AC last May. I came home and weighed in several pounds less. So the answer is yes, you can find great food for few points.

I'm with Debbie on Papi's diner. Great food, fresh veggies. You can't go wrong with seafood as long as it isn't fried.

FYI - I am now a lifetime member (means I have made my weight goal and kept it off for over 6 weeks) and have lost a whopping 112lbs (for those who knew me before, I am a shadow of my former self) laugh
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Is AC Weight Watcher friendly? - 02/10/04 06:32 PM

Gela, wow you have won the battle. You go girl.

Key is walking in San Pedro, do not take the taxi or rent golf cart.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board