get that monthly fix of reef ransom here:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/article36.html#jan1004
Posted By: klcman Re: new Reef Ransom! - 02/11/04 01:57 AM
Ya gotta luv this guy...... <<sigh>>

Hey CaptJeff - you ever catch 200 snappers in a day? just curious
Posted By: Chloe Re: new Reef Ransom! - 02/11/04 03:38 AM
Reef Ransom let me wish you a Happy Valentine's Day from Chloe. xoxoxo
Posted By: captjeff Re: new Reef Ransom! - 02/11/04 04:58 PM
klcman never caught any were near that .and we catch lots .. we keep what people can can eat ,we feed lots of hungry mouths in belize some do not have money for fish . snapper / cuda /some groupper big ones /trigger fish /porgey think I spelled that wrong ?? this guy reef ransom sounds like a guy I could hang with ????we think a lot alike. he is living his dream and he does enjoy !!!!!!!!!!! life !!!!!!
Posted By: klcman Re: new Reef Ransom! - 02/12/04 02:17 AM
have no reason to doubt the #'s - just was amazed.

Porgeys? are they like the pogies/menhaden caought along NE coast? fish oil fish?
Posted By: bywarren Re: new Reef Ransom! - 02/12/04 03:21 PM
Capt Jeff: are you refering to the "poor guys" that get the hook in their mouth? Or is it

porgy Pronunciation: PORE-ghee Notes: This category includes the scup = fair maid, sea bream, red porgy, sheepshead porgy, shad porgy, whitebone porgy, and jolthead porgy. Porgies tend to be bony, but they're highly prized for their delicate flavor
Posted By: captjeff Re: new Reef Ransom! - 02/12/04 03:46 PM
klcman no there in the scup family like bywarren shared..we use to catch them in big numbers on the east coast... many years ago but that like other fisherys are just a thing of the past !!!
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby Re: new Reef Ransom! - 04/17/04 12:23 AM
Reef is the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: new Reef Ransom! - 04/17/04 02:06 PM
Another magical read, I just love the way he writes. I wonder if this is the chat board he mentioned? I appreciated the reality check he presented re: living in Belize. I also respect the subtle way he has of letting folks know that the only experts on Belize are those native to Belize. Ya rock, Reef.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board