AmbergrisCaye.com Home
First time visitors to Ambergris Caye and we're considering staying at Caribe Island Resort. Given its distance from town, what's the best mode of transportation into town? Heard they have a shuttle - cost? How often does it run? Thanks for any info - I'm sure I'll be having more questions! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Questions about getting around/Caribe Island - 02/16/04 12:39 AM
Hi,
The shuttle is an On-Demand shuttle, basically running 3 times daily between the hours of 10-4. There is also a taxi shuttle into town at 6:30 PM. These are complimentary.
We also have complimentary bikes (including children's sizes).
Looking forward to seeing you at Caribe Island!
Cheerz,
Vicki
We stayed their in January for our first trip as well. The distance never bothered us. It's very easy to get to town be it the shuttle, calling a cab, bikes or walking. If you cab it it's about $7.50 US. We used the shuttle every night and it worked perfectly. Alfonze will drop you off at your restaurant and then pick you up at Rock's grocery(right in town) at 9:00. If you have any other questions feel free to email us at [email protected]

Woody
hi Vicki - thanks so much for the quick response. Do you have a direct line to give you a call? I had some more questions and figure it would be easier to just talk directly. If that's possible, please email it to [email protected]. Thanks!
C.T.,
Rent a golf cart, well worth the expense!
ct rent a gas golf cart ,you will love it ,never have to charge or plug in .. a full tank will be never be used ,,,..can run forever on half tank !!!! will give you the freedom you will cherish ....
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board