AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Linda & Steve Times almost here!! - 02/18/04 06:24 AM
cool We will be on AC from Feb 28th - Mar 6. Hope to meet some of you "boarders". I can't believe all of the usefull information posted here. We are staying at Capricorn....but look to spend a lot of time just wandering the beaches and having a few beers! See you all soon! 11 days and counting..
Posted By: Pmac Re: Times almost here!! - 02/18/04 05:28 PM
Linda and Steve

My GF and I will also be in AC from Feb28 to the 6th and are staying right next door at Capt. Morgan's We should hook up and see the sights.

We are planning on doing the town on the 29th (Sunday) we are also planning on doing some tours and stuff that week and have a fishing trip booked for the 4th with Capt. Bicho

Feel free to email me at [email protected]
Posted By: Bobber Re: Times almost here!! - 02/18/04 05:50 PM
Envy, envy, envy. Heavily into withdrawal. Must not even look at my 4 Belikins in the refrigerator. confused
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/18/04 06:49 PM
My wife and I along with another guy will be in AC Feb 28 - March 6 also. Haven't been there for 8 years. Looking forward to seeing the changes. Will be staying at Coconuts, south of SP. Sounds like many people around on Sunday hit the Barbecue at BC's from 11am-3pm. Hope to see you there. Also, last time I was in town, there was a cool old boat called the Winnie Estelle that took people on snorkeling trips to the reef and over to Caye Caulker. I have spoken with the captain of that boat,Roberto Smith, and he typically only does charters now, but may be willing to do another trip like that if enough people want to go. Let me know if anyone is interested. The Caye Caulker Day Cruise is the one I was on before, open bar, snorkeling, lunch at Caye Caulker (out of pocket, but dirt cheap), snorkeling again, and back to pier. //ambergriscaye.com/winnieestelle/index.html
Posted By: Pmac Re: Times almost here!! - 02/18/04 07:25 PM
ilandhoper

We already have a snorkeling trip as part of our package with Capt. Morgan's. We have a full day trip that we will set up when get get to AC.

But thanks for the offer.
Posted By: Linda & Steve Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 02:06 AM
Pmac, yes we should get together...but from the sounds of things, the BBQ at BC's on Sunday is the place to be!!

ilandhoper
sorry but we too have a snorkel package with our stay...but hope to meet you at the BBQ.

Bobber...pace yourself on the Belikins... reinforcements are on the way...just be strong
Posted By: klcman Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 02:11 AM
C'mon people - you will want to go out more than once in the water! Help iland out! :p
Posted By: JeanH Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 04:29 PM
Ilandhoper, We'll be in San Pedro for four nights, starting Feb 29. Would be interested in the snorkeling trip you mentioned. We arrive about noon on the 29th from Placencia, heading to BC's upon arrival. Maybe we will see you there?

Jean & Bruce
Posted By: Pmac Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 05:57 PM
Linda and steve,

Shoot me a email and Lets see if we can work something out.

We have talked about the BBQ on Sunday so that may just be in the cards.
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 08:51 PM
We will definitely be at BC's on Sunday. Captain Roberto Smith said I should drop by and see him if I can find enough people to do a trip. He lives at the Paradise Hotel. Will try to work on availability with anyone who can go as well as what he has planned for the week. Thanks, Chris
Posted By: cromedomer Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 09:11 PM
Islandhoper We'll be on AC from the 24th and may be interested in the day trip. What date are you leaning toward? Staying at the AquaMarina.
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 09:17 PM
Hello all,We'll be arriving Feb 28th-Mar 7th.
Also staying at Aqua Marina. I guess it's a must
to go to BC's BBQ on Sunday. Hope to see some of you.
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/19/04 09:35 PM
Looks like we might miss you, cromedomer. We are not coming in until Feb 28. Were hoping to do the trip Tues or Wed depending on scheduling. How long are you staying on AC? Chris
Posted By: cromedomer Re: Times almost here!! - 02/20/04 06:03 AM
Islandhoper We will be there until the 4th of march. Diving for most of the trip but might be able to squeeze one day trip in if time is right.
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/20/04 05:17 PM
Cromedomer, do you have plans setup for either Tues the 2nd or Wed the 3rd already?
Posted By: cromedomer Re: Times almost here!! - 02/21/04 05:15 PM
We have a dive package booked so never having used this dive company before I can't say how flexible they are about moving dive days. We really aren't suppose to dive the day before we fly home so Wed. might work out good for us. Can these plans be made once we are all on AC?
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 08:15 PM
Hi to all, Does anybody need another couple to fill out one of those trips you've mentioned.
We'll be there Feb 28th- Mar7th. We are staying
at Aqua Marina & will be at the BBQ Sunday.

Thanks,Jack
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 09:30 PM
Cromedomer....
and Jack and Rose,

These plans can be made in AC. I am going to try and contact the captain once in AC, at his request.(Feb. 28) Go by Paradise Hotel and see Captain Roberto Smith, Captain of the Winnie Estelle,
or call him 226-2394 or 608-0912 or email [email protected]
Yes, Jack and Rose, I believe there is room for more people, Thanks. Chris
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 09:42 PM
Chris, that sounds good to us.Let's get in touch
Posted By: Pmac Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 09:46 PM
We leave in 5 days folks (You can not count today)Soon we all will be enjoying the good life in AC.
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 09:46 PM
Chris, I didn't finish the last response, I hit
enter by mistake. Let's get in touch at the BBQ
on Sunday, if by chance we don't, contact me at Aqua Marina Suites. Last name is Griffin.We both
love to snorkel & enjoy a good time.

Jack
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 09:51 PM
Same here (5days) not counting today. We have done a lot of trips to islands over the years, but
for some reason I can't wait to get to AC.
Everybody who responds to this board has almost
100% only good things to relate to others.

Jack
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/23/04 11:43 PM
My mouth has been watering for days about this trip. Will catch up to everyone at the BBQ. This board has been an extra special lead-up to what I can imagine will be one fantastic trip. THe board members are amazingly friendly with new comers and it appears many of them become good friends. A few exceptions occur. Recently I have been reading a thread about underwater cameras. I have never seen anyone get so bent out of shape over underwater photography. The topic is rather amusing while reading through. Also, keep your eye on Pedro1. I think this person lives on the moon, although some boarders have apparently seen him....
Posted By: Chloe Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 03:32 AM
ilandhoper, LOL.."we got the underwater picture".

Hell Yes! I have personally seen and spoken with Pedro1. Without Charlie, Pedro would be just another beach guy. wink

Enjoy your Unbelizable time.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 03:58 AM
Pedro 1, is a personal friend of mine. Yes, he is on another trip, primarily, his own. yes, he is a jerk, yes, he is an airragant a$$$. Other than that, whow cares. wink
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 05:37 PM
Wasn't trying to put Pedro1 in the same category as the "underwater camera guy" by any means, just easing a newcomer into the "world of Pedro1" I personally have a good sense of humor and have enjoyed his feedback on a the board. Would love to meet the guy. Adds a different perspective to the mesages.......
Posted By: NYgal Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 05:40 PM
Don't be intimidated smile

It's not worth the rash laugh
Posted By: Bobber Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 06:30 PM
I was on the lookout for Pedro the first week of Feb. Never ran into him. Maybe it's for the better, eh? wink
Posted By: NYgal Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 06:36 PM
wink
Posted By: Barnicle Brad Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 07:26 PM
I was a first time visitor a few weeks ago and ran into the infamous Pedro1 at his place of business. To my surprise he was not bald and jumping up and down. We found him to be a humorous brit with a full head of hair!!!! Gave us a few great suggestions on the local scene.
Posted By: ilandhoper Re: Times almost here!! - 02/24/04 08:00 PM
:p

What is Pedro1's status? He still around somewhere in SP?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board