AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!

Posted By: suntam

Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 02/29/04 07:13 PM

After lots of reseach on your forum I am looking at these three possibilities. We want a pretty nice place - not cheap but we want to watch our budget somewhat. We would like a quiet place with a pool and a decent beach. Nice food and tropical drinks at a reasonable price are important too. Friendly staff is important. A place apart from town but with good access to town is good. It would be nice if they provided the golf or shorter walk to town is good - not a huge issue but good to think about. I am open to suggestions of other places. I am looking for the best place at the best price. Thanks!
Posted By: cathy and richard

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 02/29/04 08:46 PM

check out captain morgan's they have a great web site. it is north on the island, but easy to go south
Posted By: dscallah

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 02/29/04 09:14 PM

Check out Banana Beach, 15 min walk to town down the beach, not a lot of traffic on the beach like at the Yacht Club, has a great in house resturant, the breakfast they furnish with the room is good, its clean, friendly and accessable.
Its also resonable. We had a beach view for 7 days at less than $1000. Victoria House looked great but its pricey and another 10 mins to town by foot.

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 02/29/04 11:19 PM

I've heard generally good thing about Banana Boat, but also that its noisy and crowded and lots of kids. Believe me I love kids, but we have 4 so this is our every two year break. How is Banana boat compared to the Palms? We desparately need quiet for a week. Can anyone give more details like I listed above on Xanadu and some more on the Yacht club? Thanks guys!! I'm glad there is a forum.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 12:08 AM

Try doing searches (upper right) on the places that interest you... lots of information!

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 12:13 AM

Why didn't you say you were trying to get away from your kids, I'd go south, Antartica and I'd go on the "Banana Boat"
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 12:53 AM

Suntam:

Relax.

Gawd, I've read all your posts and you're waaaay too high-strung for San Pedro. Crime is minimal, you won't find drunks on every corner and the people are as kind as you'll find anywhere.

Relax.

Banana Beach should be fine for you--except I might be there with my (3) kids. We're taking them along...just like we did when we stayed at Xanadu last year. Both are quiet and very nice. Tim's staff at Banana's is wonderful and Ivan and Co. at Xanadu make a smaller but equally accomodating bunch.

We went WITHOUT our kids the first time we went to BB and swore we'd never go without them again.

Relax. Go to any of the places you've selected and you'll be just fine. No one will hassle you and, in fact, you'll be shocked by the warmth you'll experience.

Did I mention that you should relax? wink

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 01:02 AM

I'm not sure what "utopia" your looking for, we had a wonderful time at Banana "Boat" and there were 2 families with wonderful children and we saw no crime, no hookers, no drugs, no real "spring break" party scene anywhere, damn, I was looking for that. But, watch it at your local airport, we had our car stolen off the park and ride lot while we were gone. So what do you want?

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 06:28 AM

Thanks for your input guys!!
Posted By: Redheada

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 04:50 PM

Suntam - if you are going childless - I recommend something north. Captain Morgans is worth checking out. We had the same dilema too. BB looks nice and is reasonable - but pictures posted on the board gave me the impression is it more for families. They are more like condos. That is why we chose CM. Ramons looked nice too and apparently much closer to town, but they did not have the accomodations we wanted (which was beachfront).
Posted By: cathy and richard

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/01/04 11:57 PM

no kids at Captain Morgan's when we were there last week. it is right on the beach with gorgeous palms and chairs in the open or under thatched roof shelters also hammocks and swings, 2pools which we did not use other than to cool off (have one in the yard so no big deal) a nice little bar, good restaurant, and nice villas and cabanas. just book your own excursions, much cheaper. it is also close to superb dining . CM's service is perfect. their boat will take you to town if it is going and one of them goes often. if not the ferry is easy to take and so is riding bikes. the little barge you go across to get to town is a Belizeian experience within itself. Just keep in mind it is not cheap, but perfect. we loved it
Posted By: sean

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/02/04 12:31 AM

JUST PUTTING IN MY BANANA BEACH 2 CENTS! GOING BACK THIS WEEK FOR MY SECOND TRIP AND FOUND THE PLACE QUIET. ITS A GHOST TOWN AT NIGHT, EVERYONE'S SLEEPING TO GET UP EARLY AND ENJOY SAN PEDRO AND THE WATER! AMBERGRIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL I DON'T THINK YOU WILL BE DOING MUCH BUT SLEEPING AT THE HOTEL. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WHERE YOU STAY. ITS THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THIS ISLAND SO GREAT. NEVER SAW MUCH OF MY ROOM!
Posted By: javaman

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/21/04 07:23 PM

Hi, i'm booked to go to Xanadu in early October. Please tell me that this is a good choice to stay. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: mikell

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/21/04 08:22 PM

we stayed at banana beach for 10 days last month...loved the suite and private balcony and awesome view over the water...plus the staff was absolutely wonderful to us...and the price for all that we got was very reasonable...

the only thing we didn't like so much was the very small beachfront area...basically, it is an area elevated from the water with a breakfront (water access in front of either property to the north or south)...and several rows of lounge chairs beside each other...often filled during the day when we were there...so no real private spots to choose from.

we also loved the look of ramon's...the beachfront is really great with lots of trees, chairs, and private spaces to relax. the pool area is also very pretty. i wouldn't hesitate to stay there as long as i had one of the beachfront cabanas. it is also very close to town...more in the heart of things...but still had a private feeling....i would say the closeness to town is a big plus but we didn't really mind our daily walks to town from banana beach...it was a great way to see more of the beachfront. javaman...no worries...you will love ramon's...we also spent a lot of time there snorkeling off their pier. it was never crowded either.

suntam...you should also check out caribe island...it is a little farther south past victoria house...so not really walking distance to town but they do have free shuttle service to town regularly and bikes available...renting a golf cart is also a great thing to do for an entire day of exploring. i recommend this property because it has everything else you are looking for and more...the grounds, pool area and beachfront are second to none...it is spectacular. you will feel like you're on a secluded island. there is also a wonderful restaurant on their pier and a great beach bar by the pool. prices are very reasonable and i hear nothing but great things about the staff there. if you don't mind the farther distance to town...about 3 miles or so...i'm sure you would find it a perfect place to stay without kids.

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/23/04 03:05 AM

Hey Mikell, is Ramones close to Xanadu? Is it pretty nice, quiet?
Posted By: mikell

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/23/04 04:14 AM

javaman...

xanadu is closer to banana beach...ramon's is closer to town...but they are not that far apart...it's a short walk between the two...maybe 10 minutes...we tend to walk slowly along the beach...

i'm not sure which property you were asking about...pretty and quiet ....

both are very pretty...they kind of have the same look about them...same kind of beachfront and thatched cabanas...i'd say xanadu is a bit quieter...being farther from town...more action at ramon's...but i didn't find that either of them appeared very crowded.

we passed by both of these places and could imagine staying at either...price was the main factor that led us to banana beach...to get a comparable room with a view would have been more than BB...we loved our private balcony and outstanding morning view at BB. that isn't important to others who don't use their rooms as much as we do.

i can't imagine being disappointed with a stay at either ramon's or xanadu...
Posted By: mobunny

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/23/04 04:54 PM

IMHO Ramon's is a great place to stay. Close to town, wonderful beach, fabulous pool, friendly helpful staff...stayed there twice myself in 2003. Get a beach front room. Not very big rooms (#60 is my favorite), but can't beat it for being immersed in the beach and palms. Check out our website for tons of Ramon's pics. Have a great trip no matter where you stay. mobunny cool

http://www.unm.edu/~irmin/

Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price! - 03/24/04 03:44 AM

Thanks for the info all. I'm getting pretty pumped and it's still 6 months to go.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board