AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: goody2shuz 18 and Counting!!! - 03/17/04 07:45 PM
Oh...I've got it bad...this trip is just what I need right now laugh Spent the day in the ER yesterday with my 4th bout of diverticulitis...talked them into sending me home this time (the past 3 times I was hopitalized for a week) frown Told the doctors I'm going to Belize and nothing's gonna keep me away mad Anyway...no worries I'm on my antibiotics and getting myself better to live the dream....one question I have is are there kid friendly items on the menus? I have 2 teens htat are non-fish eaters and I'm hoping that most places have the items that kids like to eat? Thanks again you wonderful, friendly boarders laugh
Posted By: Beachy Re: 18 and Counting!!! - 03/17/04 10:44 PM
See ya soon! Too early to pack? Nope!
Chris
Posted By: seashell Re: 18 and Counting!!! - 03/17/04 10:51 PM
Lots of chicken dishes, most everywhere.

Check out Ambergris Delight. They have all kinds of things on the menu that should be acceptable to teens.

I know you say they don't like seafood, but do they like fish and chips? The batter kind of fish? If they do, Ambergris Delight has that too. Pretty darn good I thought. I also always enjoy the grilled and/or fried chicken there. Seems to me they also have pizza but I've never had it there so can't speak to that.

Some people on this board have mentioned a pizza place called Pauli's.

Papi's has excellent pork chops and so does Jambel's.

Lots of burritos and things to be had at the food vendors by the town square.

There's plenty more, but that should get you started.
Posted By: captjeff Re: 18 and Counting!!! - 03/17/04 11:00 PM
goody 2 stainedglass pub great burgers and fries super meat /loaf,, fried chicken strips home made with special batter and if you have big bucks filet minion steak as good as the states with all the trimmings ..great after dinner dessert cakes /pies /bread pudding yum yum .. go live the dream and enjoy ..
Posted By: goody2shuz Re: 18 and Counting!!! - 03/18/04 12:06 AM
Seashell...thanks so much...yes that's lots to get started with. You guys are just great!! If you're gonna be down anytime from 4/4-4/17 let me know....would love to meetya laugh

Beachy...yes, Ireall reading Mikell's trip reports as well as others about your wonderful place...be sure to save a table for us!!! Hope our name will pull some weight when things are busy down there during Easter break laugh

And Capt. Jeff...you seem to know a little bit about everything...good food, good fishing and a hell of alot about the good life. laugh Of course our trip wouldn't be the same without a few times out with Capt. Bicho!!! He actually had us booked with him on Good Friday & Easter, that is, until his wife put him in line wink A very accommodating man...he's actually going to dook up chicken at his beach BBQ fo the little "princesses" as he calls my girls laugh
Posted By: mikell Re: 18 and Counting!!! - 03/18/04 01:08 AM
goody...just to confirm what others are telling you...you won't have to worry about non fisheaters. alan won't eat fish either and he was pleasantly surprised to find that he could find other good things to eat on just about every menu...he's VERY picky....i think the only place he didn't find anything he could eat was at fido's.

his favourites were pauley's pizza...which he claimed was the best pizza he'd eaten in a long time (and he eats a lot of pizza!)...the chicken fingers basket at stained glass pub (which has all kinds of "gringo" food on the menu....and the cheese burger at caribe island restaurant.

as for desserts...he tried key lime pie everywhere and loved them all...but especially at blue water grill. don't forget a trip to la popular bakery for a great selection of pastries, cakes, bread pudding and a few savoury pasteries too....and stop by sweet du monde (in the big purple building on the way to town) for more great pastries and baked goods.

the BBQ at BC's on sunday (or chicken/beef burritos anytime) is a must...ribs, chicken, sausage galore!

your kids will undoubtably find much to eat and love!
Posted By: goody2shuz Re: 18 and Counting!!! - 03/18/04 01:44 AM
Oh...Mikell...I apologize, you're right...I should have remembered in your trip reports your mentioning about Alan not being the fish eater. As I recall...you reassured me that Capt. Bicho takes good care of everyone and had fish readily available for Alan. It must be these nasty antibiotics I'm on...lapse in memory is one of the side effects laugh Thanks again...I can't wait to experience it all wink
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board