AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sandytoes North AC - 04/06/04 10:11 PM
Since we are staying quite a ways away from San Pedro (Costa Maya) we would like some idea of what to expect that far North. Are there any restaurants, shops, etc. within a 30 minute walk of the resort? Can we bike to some places or are the roads/paths really bad? Is there anything to see even further north than Costa Maya? How long would it take to get to the "cut" via golf cart or bike? Has anyone eaten at the Costa Maya restaurant?
Posted By: kimandmike Re: North AC - 04/07/04 01:23 AM
You are about 1 hour by golf cart to San Pedro.
The "road" is a bit bumpy, and sometimes wet, depending on the rain. It gets better about 1/2 way into town. Portofino has a restaurant and is in walking distance (5 minutes on the beach) mata rocks is about a 15-20 minute walk.
Posted By: klcman Re: North AC - 04/07/04 01:27 AM
Mata Rocks is wayyyyyyyyyyyy south of Portofino, it's south of town, next to Banana Beach...think they meant Mata Chica.
Posted By: kimandmike Re: North AC - 04/07/04 01:37 AM
biking looks like it would be a challenge into town. There are no shops north on AC. I stayed at portofino last week.
Posted By: kimandmike Re: North AC - 04/07/04 01:46 AM
"Costa maya reef resort" was 2 resorts more north than portofino, which is where we stayed last week.
Posted By: snoopycat Re: North AC - 04/08/04 12:40 AM
Hi Kimandmike,

How was Portofino? I will be staying there in a few weeks and can hardly wait to see AC.

Does Portofino have a good restaurant? Did you have most meals there, or did you walk to other restaurants in the evening? Is the wine-tasting restaurant nearby (can't remember the name)? Is it possible to walk to Capricorn's for dinner?

Was it difficult getting to and from San Pedro?

I have so many questions. Portofino sounds really nice. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks,
Susan
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board