AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Belize! Here we come!

Posted By: shells

Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 02:45 AM

8 more weeks !!Is too long to wait! I have never chatted on the internet, but now I have a darn good reason! I have been reading your message board for 3 months now and almost every question I had has been answered without a single peck of the keyboard! This is great! laugh
The restaurant and tour info is soooo helpful!

There are 6 of us leaving on June 10th from Savannah to Belize and we are staying at the Palm House south of San Pedro, anyone ever stayed there??
Is Beliken (sp) the only beer or is Corona around??
Has anyone kayaked out to the reef from the beach?
Is the cave tubing REALLY worth going to do??
Any other must do activities are welcome!!
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 01:19 PM

I believe I've seen Corona around, but if you like Corona, you will probably like Belikin even more. I drink Corona if I can't get Belikin (which I can't at home) because it has a lower carbonation. Regular Belikin is also fairly low carbonation so it goes down easy.

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 05:57 PM

Thanks Bobber, not that were real picky anyway...
Posted By: KRich

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 06:03 PM

Not picky?! Miller Lite isn't picky? Hey! I knew that was your face playing the guitar!! Did you see Jason's post? He was trying to find out about the ferry ride to the island -vs- the plane. Check out the reply.

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 06:19 PM

Krich - I would be delighted with Miller Lite but who cares, anyway, Belikin sounds good right about now especially since I have to go back to work in 15 minutes laugh - I looked for Jason's reply and couldn't find it! I'll keep looking
Is there another shells on the board??
Posted By: seashell

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 08:09 PM

There is a seashell on this board. smile

And another usurper had recently appeared looking all lovelorn.
Posted By: ilandhoper

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 09:42 PM

Just returned from San Pedro in March. Local bartender told us that if there is Corona on the island, it is there illegally. Apparently there is some wierd relationship to Mexico and their products from an importation standpoint. When in San pedro, drink what the natives do.... Part of the experience. They do have Heiniken on the island and some Red Stripe, and some of the american beers also. The american beers are expensive. You can get them at the grocery store for about $50 US per case..... Stick with Belekin..
Posted By: PATLAF

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 09:42 PM

Cave tubing is really great....lots of fun...we went with Caves Branch 3 years ago and enjoyed it immensely. The caves were DARK..the only light we had were on our foreheads...had a picnic inside the caves..you must be prepared to get wet (no sun to warm up in)...best to wear hiking boots (they will also get wet. WE DID A GREAT AMOUNT OF LAUGHING WHILE PADDLING ALONG!
Posted By: seashell

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 10:38 PM

I'm not even a beer drinker but I quite enjoy Belikin.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/07/04 10:47 PM

While a loyal Budweiser guy, I find that ALL beers goes to the same place.
Posted By: stamiya

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/08/04 04:22 AM

actually, all beer is merely rented on a temporary basis... wink
Posted By: kerry

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/08/04 05:44 AM

and then you pay your water bill! wink

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/14/04 01:02 AM

sounds good to me, like we say, were not real picky here in south georgia.
this is such good info, thanks!!
shelly
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/14/04 01:13 AM

Hey Shells,
Where in South GA? I'm in Moultrie!
Do you know Darrell from the Moultrie Chamber? His parents live in San Pedro and he is heading down in the next few weeks.
Have a great trip!
Vicki

Re: Belize! Here we come! - 04/15/04 10:40 PM

vicki, we live in Darien, Georgia just south of Savannah. We are so excited, I don't know who Darrell is though, But I actually work at the chamber in Darien, so who knows, our paths may have crossed at some point. Wow one week gone like that, only 7 weeks to go!!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board