AmbergrisCaye.com Home

First Timers July 6th-July13th

Posted By: daronwood

First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/09/04 10:00 PM

My wife and I are going to AC in July. We have not yet decided where to stay. A little beachside condo would be great for me, but my wife is a swimmer. ( not a fan of salt water swimming.) So, I'm searching for a place to stay with a nice beach, nice pool, and clean rooms. $100.00 a night would be fine. We do enjoy some nightlife, so a quick golf cart ride to San Pedro would be fine also. It seems that there is much info on this board, and I have already learned much from reading here. Any other first timer advice would be great, but we all know where you stay can make or break a vacation.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/09/04 11:02 PM

Check out Caribe Island Resort. Nice beach, pool, bar and one of the best rest. on the island.

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/09/04 11:27 PM

I will look at caribe. is Ramon's any good?

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/09/04 11:42 PM

Ramons is very popular, close in town, no pool. Rooms can be small and noisy. I, personally would not stay there. I'm sure others will disagree.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/09/04 11:51 PM

Ramons has a beautiful pool! Many sizes of room available. Nice place.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/10/04 12:10 AM

Ramon's has one of the nicest gift shops too.

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/10/04 12:22 AM

Sorry, didn't know they had a pool.
Posted By: Jeb

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/10/04 12:31 AM

you write a lot on here. did you really go to this place? it's popular. i read here for months.
Posted By: seashell

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/10/04 01:11 AM

If you want a condo, there are many other places besides Ramon's, which for the most part, just has hotel-style rooms.
Posted By: mobunny

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/10/04 01:42 AM

I personally love Ramon's (have stayed there twice), but check out The Palms right next door. The Palms has a pool and you are right next to the beautiful Ramon's beach. They have some incredible summer specials. We are staying there for two weeks in August. mobunny cool

http://belizepalms.com/

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/12/04 06:40 PM

Thanks, we are now leaning toward the Palms. We are considering booking two nights at the Palms, then deciding where we want to stay next. Maybe 2 nights at Ramon's 2 at Banana Beach 2 somewhere else, and a night a Victoria. Is this adviseable, or may we end up without a nice place to stay b/c everything might be full?
Posted By: mobunny

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/12/04 07:15 PM

Ramon's has a very high occupancy rate and is often booked months in advance. Bannana Beach is very popular also but others could tell you better about their occupanacy rate. If you are interested in The Palms you should email Ana very soon to see if they even have rooms available on the dates you want. mobunny cool
Posted By: Jack and Rose

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/12/04 07:18 PM

Do you like to pack & unpack? Stay in one place,the place is not that big anyway. I did not stay at Ramon's, but went to have a drink. A real nice place, we would consider staying there next time.
Posted By: seashell

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/12/04 09:06 PM

Jack and Rose beat me to it. You want to have a nice relaxing vacation. Just pick a place and settle in. Whichever you chose, you'll probably be just as happy. (though I do favor the Palms)
Posted By: mimi

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/12/04 09:16 PM

daronwood, i'm with them. why ruin a perfectly good vacation in paradise by packing and unpacking??? just get a condo and stay put! no need to move around in sp, it's a very small town.
ramon's is a nice enough hotel, with a beautiful small pool and a very nice beach area. but if you want a condo,the palms are right next door and looked just right to me...that's where i'll be in June.
Posted By: BLUE_48_98

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/14/04 07:34 PM

try ambergriscaye.com there is a list of all the resorts and condos on a.c. you can view the rooms and rates. good luck. we will be in ac on july 11 for a week. good luck.
Posted By: Jack and Rose

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/14/04 09:35 PM

daronwood, yes go to www.ambergriscaye & click on maps, go to detailed map of business on AC. You can click on most places shown on the map. It is a great tool for looking at places.Please note the places on the map are fairly close to each other in some areas.The in town map can be walked in 15 mins not stopping. It's a small town,But loaded with things to do.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/14/04 09:55 PM

or go to the bottom of this page and click on maps. love those maps! J&R is so right. Little town with a big heart, and so much to do.
Posted By: divedoc

Re: First Timers July 6th-July13th - 04/15/04 12:33 AM

The Palms is wonderful!!! Great apartments, great view from fantastic terrace, great staff, great beach, close to town, next to Ramons so you can participate there---their resturant is fantastic- good french toast, good bar with party crowd. The Palms has a nice pool---you won't find a really big pool on the island - but
Ramons and the Palms have very attractive and relaxing tropical pools. The Palms is also just a short walk - across the street from the airport. Don't worry, you don't really notice the planes coming and going. Be sure to try La Popular Bakery and El Patio resturant. I am so jealous -- we stayed two weeks at The Palms in Nov- Dec and can't wait to go back. Absolutely the most relaxing vacation ever---really changes your perspective on life. TAKE THE BUG SPRAY!!!!!
Have fun, will look forward to the trip report.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board