AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Free Drink Too!

Posted By: JohnB

Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 11:08 AM

Will be there for week of May 7th..Don't know my way around but what ever bar I am in I will look for boarders..Drink on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep an eye out for cute guy with sun burned head..give me your display name and your drinking....
Posted By: rosemary

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 12:51 PM

JohnB. What timing. I'm off from classes that week. Which Bar and we'll look for you. Glad to have you here on AC. RBJ

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 03:57 PM

Never been before. Will ask at each bar if there are any boarders and buy them a drink...
Posted By: MandM

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 05:48 PM

JohnB,

Be advised!!! Many of the local bars have a bell hanging around somewhere ... if you ring it, you get to buy the house a round! We'll be looking for you!
Posted By: Communik8r

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 05:52 PM

We will take you up on that offer too!

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 06:13 PM

my pleasure!!!!bottoms up
Posted By: rosemary

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 06:38 PM

johnB. Fido's is usually a good place. So is BC's on a Sunday. BC's has the best BBQ on the Island, that I've found. Of course there are other places that are cheaper and the locals like them. One such place is Antijitoes(?)on Coconut Dr just before Bayan Bay. They serve very good Belizan food and at VERY GOOD prices. As a student I tend to look for these places. Also, MICKEY's on 2nd street (Pescador) near the beginning is a nice place to eat and the prices are fair. Great Fish..esp Snapper! Look for us. Let us know...You can E-mail me at [email protected] Look forward to meeting...
Posted By: scubalover

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 06:39 PM

Hey JohnB... My hubby and I will be there the same week, arriving on May 8, so we'll be looking for you!Thanks for the drink! laugh

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 07:00 PM

Scub where are you staying? This could become very expensive?
Posted By: CheeseHed

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 07:14 PM

My wife and I will be there may 1st through the 16th. Looking forward to meeting you and many other boarders for a drink.

Looks like your alcohol budget might be dropping fast :-) so If you happen to end up buying one for me you can certainly count on me returning the favor.

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 07:51 PM

i will be looking for someone with cheese on their head or a Gbay jersey

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 09:55 PM

Hmmmm most likely I will be in my stealth mode. Full on tourist gear. :-)
We will should have a password.

The bell ringing reminded me of another funny beer/bell tradition.

Rogue brewery (Craft or Micro brewery) in Newport Oregon has a tradition that if you order a Budweiser they ring a bell and point so that everyone can laugh at you.

Beer snobs are a nasty bunch. :-)

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 10:14 PM

No Buds in Belize Please!!!! I will print this and bring with me..If your names on it you got it!
Posted By: kimical

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/23/04 10:38 PM

What timing! Chris and I will be there to celebrate too! Looking forward to having drinks with everyone smile

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/24/04 07:35 AM

JohnB... we're staying at Brianna's Beach House... an adorable little place right on the beach! 14 days... and counting! laugh

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/24/04 12:55 PM

we are 6 mile up north but plan to take ferry into town each day for eats..will be asking for all of you at the watering holes
Posted By: KUJayhawks

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/25/04 12:31 AM

JohnB...better see about getting a loan before heading to AC. We will be there the same week and my husband can drink alot! I did take note it says "Drink on me", not "drinks on me!" wink

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/25/04 12:59 AM

I almost forgot, CheeseHed, Rogue's is great! I love Dead Guy Ale. We live in The Dalles (you know, just down the road from Full Sail Brewery!)
Posted By: already there

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/25/04 03:50 AM

Hey I'm a beer snob! But Belikin stout is excellent in my book. I'll be there Apr 29- May 8 Let me know and I'll be there too.
Posted By: Communik8r

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 03:34 PM

7 days and counting. after 3 days in the jungle, We'll be hunting down JohnB for that drink.
Posted By: RobertE

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 03:45 PM

JohnB - Count me in for a cold one. Will be in San Pedro the 4th thru the 15th. A cold Belikin will suffice. Muchas Gracias.

Bottoms up!
Posted By: april

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 04:01 PM

Okay John B, we don't want to miss out either. Hubby and I will be staying Belizean Shores 3rd - 10th. I'll get a little practice in to build up stamina! I'd love to meet some of the boarders as this board has been such a wonderful asset to my trip. Salud!!

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 07:24 PM

2.5 days and counting. KU Jayhawk you going to be there soon? My wifes family are all K state'rs. Go Jayhawks! :-)

The wife and I will be staying at Hotel Del Rio. Looking forward to meeting the board posters and lurkers.
Posted By: taters & dab

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 07:45 PM

JohnB...We'll be in AC May 7-21. We'll check the bars. Where are you staying? We are either at Coral Bay Villas or CMR. (Issue still not cleared up)

Also still interested in buddying up with you, Scubalover, if offer is still open.

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 08:20 PM

taters&dab.... of course! We're arriving about 11am on the 8th and am sure I'll be down at Amigos del Mar by 1 pm and looking for JohnB on the way! I'll be the chick w/white legs holding hands with a guy with equally white legs! laugh

We're staying at Brianna's Beach House, so stop by and say hi! I think we may have to leave a message pad out for visitors who stop by to let them know which bar we're haning out in! 10 days and counting!
Posted By: Jack and Rose

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 08:52 PM

Hey scubalover, you don't have to go far from Brianna's to get a good drink with a super view. Go to Wet Willy's out on the pier,you can see it from the beach out front from the beach house. That looks like a great little beach house to stay in. The location is great, right next to town but away enough for some quiet. Don't forget to go to Estel's about half way down the beach in town.They open at 6:00 and I think the best breakfast in town

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 08:58 PM

taters & dab, Are you from one of the most beautiful places on earth!!! BIG SKY Montana??

My son went to Univ of Mont at Missoula for one semester in the fall of 2001. We went to visit & my wife & I want to go back to go to Glacier. I thought Montana was so beautiful, God's Country!!

Go Griz!!

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 11:03 PM

CheeseHed...the Jayhawks (Angela and Chad) arrive the 8th, late afternoon, and will be there for a week. Staying at Mata Rocks. We are hoping everyone will be going to BC's sunday afternoon so we can meet in person. We're counting the days, as well!

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/28/04 11:22 PM

Just spoke to my accountant, he sold a few stocks for me so that I can pay for this beer. I will be the guy with dark shades and fake mustache hiding behind palm tree.

Only there one sunday, should we go to BC's..I wasn't planning on it but sounds like I should?

6 working days to go!!

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/29/04 12:17 AM

It sounds like BC's is the place to be on Sunday. I was thinking about doing a Caye Caulker on one of the Sundays but I might just hit BC's both weeks.

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/29/04 12:38 AM

Jack & Rose... Yes, we're guilty as charged.
Live in that beautiful state of Montana. Of course, just today we woke up to snow at our place. Guess that's why we choose to visit the southern latitudes in Winter and Spring. Montana is a hard place to beat in the Summer and Fall.
We live just 50 miles north of Missoula, in the Mission Valley. A beautiful valley with the Mission Mountains rising 7,000 ft off the valley floor!
Two of our sons graduated from the U of M, home of the GRIZZLIES: 1-AA National Football Champions - 1995 & 2001.
If you do make it back up here contact us before. Our valley is on the way to Glacier.
Posted By: goody2shuz

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/29/04 12:56 AM

John B. & all....BC's is a do not miss place, IMHO!! We went Easter Sunday and the food was out of this world!!! Be sure to have the ribs...they are "fall right off the bone type", if you know what I mean...if I had 2 Sundays to go, I'd do it....but make sure you go with an empty stomach...cause they serve up plenty with leftovers guaranteed...Goody

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/29/04 12:59 AM

Scubalover... We are arriving on the 6th of May. Of course everthing about o ur trip is still up in the air. Awaiting final intinerary.
Final decision on where we lay our head at nite is still in a quandry. BUT it is coming (the final decisions at is) Since you are at Bianna's Beach House we will find you. Then we can compared shades of leg whiteness!

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/29/04 06:46 PM

I second the motion by KU that everyone from the board who's on AC should meet at BC's on Sunday May 9! laugh It will be a great way to meet all these board folks face to face, and also give JohnB the opportunity to make good on his offer, all at once! :p

We've already hooked up w/Angela & Chad (KUJayhawks) for a day of fishing w/Capt. Bicho (yea!). Taters & dab, we'll hook up there to iron out dive details!

Jack&Rose... thanks for the info. I guess we'll be having our after dinner drinks right out our front door at Willy's! cool

Re: Free Drink Too! - 04/29/04 07:11 PM

scuba your welcome. Also check at Wet Willy's about which night is ladies night,we missed it but I understand it's a good time.Have you pulled up the map that allows you to ckick on a lot of the places web sights? You can check out menus of the restaurants. There are many places in town and they all have great food. I thought the food was fantastic. You can have a great meal every day or night and not eat at the same place,but I loved Cocina Caramba so much I ate there 3 nights.
The balckened snapper is fantastic. I could go on and on. Make sure you go to Casa Picasso one night,Friday is good because Jennifer makes shrimp paella that is wonderfull.Chris,Jennifer husband is a great host.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board