AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Submarine Sandwiches

Posted By: Capt. Les

Submarine Sandwiches - 04/28/04 02:55 AM

I don't post a lot so forgive me for getting excited. I'm a sub fanatic (hero's, hoagies, or submarines) and have been living here for three years without much to pick from. A year or so ago I ordered four sub sandwiches fron a certain restaurant north of the cut and had them delivered for myslef and some friends at the Coconet Internet Bar. As I recall, they were about $28 each and came on burger buns. They were good, no doubt about it, but they weren't subs and the price was ridiculous.

Since then I bring several sndwiches back from "Subways" when I go to Belize City and keep them in the refrigerator. Then Pauly's Pizza opened up and I would go there when I could, but I live on the other end of town.

Now D.D.'s Lunch Box is under new management and has changed it's name to "D.D.'s Lunch Box and Submarine Base". Aside from breakfasts and liquados, they feature submarine sandwiches. That's what I'm so excited about. The sandwiches are great and I recommend them to all. On Caribena Street between Barrier Reef Drive and the beach. Next to the Conch Shell and directly accross from the Caribena Street entrances to Lily's Hotel and the San Pedrano Hotel.
Posted By: oldgringo

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/28/04 03:12 AM

Captain Les is correct once again. The sandwiches are excellent and I had a pineapple, orange and watermelon smoothie thing that was out of this world.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/28/04 02:43 PM

les my belizian brother, will try it ,the capt jeff lives in nj,,and grew up in new york sooooo will let you know if they are for real ..but it sounds like it ...seeya
Posted By: Wendy Jo

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/28/04 02:51 PM

Capt. Les - What's the price (US$) for a sub at D.D.'s??
Posted By: BiggieFL

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/28/04 03:59 PM

Being from NJ myself I think Subway should be banned along with Blimpie's.....I will give D.D's a shot.
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 12:17 AM

Being old fashioned, I will skip the subs and smoothies and stick with conch fritters washed down with Belikin. wink
Posted By: mikell

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 01:22 AM

bobber???? is that you?? eek

cool mug shot! laugh
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 01:53 AM

Yeah, me with a tan, a cuban cigar and a Belikin in hand.
Posted By: lolamae

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 02:39 AM

Capt. Les, thanks for the tip. I'm a newcomer on this board and to Belize (won't be there til July 9, but can't wait). Anyways, here in the states I live off subs, so you made my day. I won't have to give up a thing while I'm in paradise! Just the way it should be!

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Wendy Jo:
Capt. Les - What's the price (US$) for a sub at D.D.'s??
Wendy Jo I had lunch at D.D.'s again today and noticed that the tuna sub is $10.00 BZ ($5.00 US). I think the most expensive was $15.00 BZ ($7.50 US).
They also have the usual burgers, hot dogs, carnashes, etc.

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 11:16 AM

Originally posted by captjeff:
les my belizian brother, will try it ,the capt jeff lives in nj,,and grew up in new york sooooo will let you know if they are for real ..but it sounds like it ...seeya
Capt. Jeff I KNEW there was a reason that we hit it off. I was born and raised in NYC and lived and worked in NJ until I came here. It's warmer here, huh? I look forward to seeing you on your next trip. And D.D.'s is right around the corner from where you usually stay.

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 11:20 AM

Originally posted by lolamae:
Capt. Les, thanks for the tip. I'm a newcomer on this board and to Belize (won't be there til July 9, but can't wait). Anyways, here in the states I live off subs, so you made my day. I won't have to give up a thing while I'm in paradise! Just the way it should be!
. Ask for me when you get to D.D.'s and I'll buy you a smoothie thing. I live right around the corner and have had lunch there every day since they changed over.
Posted By: Mike G

Re: Submarine Sandwiches - 04/29/04 01:31 PM

I LIKE BOBBER'S THINKING!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board